Question Ex is really flirting with me....why/how to react to it?

He broke up with me 10 months ago, but I blame myself for the main problems (had personal problems leading to depression etc). Been NC pretty much ever since until I unblocked him on fb 2 weeks ago and he started speaking to me again....

At first it was friendly, catching-up etc, asking what I had been up to, then couple of days later he initiated more conversations and grew more flirty, making references to our past relationship, then days later he asked me who I had been with since the split & we discussed the problems leading to our breakup. The flirting continued making references to our past sexlife and him just generally being cheeky/making innuendos etc. Our convos last on average 3-4 hours & he speaks to me every other day......

Is this behaviour typical with ex's (he was my first love, so I haven't much experience with them!)? Is he just being this way to be friendly/only way he knows or do you reckon he is interested in me again?

I'm lost at how to handle it, so far I've been neutral/haven't really flirted back but now I'm back in contact I realise I do miss him & love him still .............. should I indulge in flirting back to see where things go or is this how exes usually talk/behave once they're back in contact with their first loves? I'll be grateful for any advice/experience with these situations!

He's definitely interested in you.

Gold Member
    yup he sounds intrested
    best way to get your ex back
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382247&page=1

Gold Member
    Yup he is interested. Sounds like he is about to ask you out again.
    Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Bronze Member
    If you still love him do a bit of flirting back but keep it very light and definitely don't tell him you still love him. Keep it fun and light - no pressure or stress - he is definitely interested.

Thank you for your replies! I was starting to think the same but didn't want to get my hopes up..... however, last night he started to tease me/call me names yet still said flirty stuff inbetween? Today he has initiated another conversation yet has started to be blunt/stop talking midway through. Why is he starting the conversations just to stop/act cold midway through? ARG so confused right now.....

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...