met a girl at bookstore-she suggest we dinner, i said coffee

joe45

Well pretty much i met this girl at the bookstore while she was looking at the book sale clearance section. i approached her and said hello and talked. pretty much a random approach-sheabout an average looking girl. i did at one point gave her my number and email addy out, and she without me asking wrote down her email addy out on a piece of papaer and gave it to me. we parted since i didn;t have much to talk anymore and said i had to go. see ya

well i emailed her a few days ago, but haven\t heard from her yet. i emailed her again and she replied back today.

i wrote at the top and she replied at the bottom. what i didn't like about her was her 4th line in the email shown below "|Will you buy me dinner". i did previously when i met her at the bookstore say "hey we can meet again and go for coffee" and she agreed. its just weird , but dinner and paying for it for a person i just met and now for 8 minutes. huh

do you think this girl is a freeloader and looking for a free meal or not. i do believe she is from overseas korean.

i'm not making a lot of money in my job,and saving up for things. so its not like a have money to blow either.

i was thinking about meeting again for ice cream, coffee, and check out some scenarious in vancouver area since she is from out of town. imean if i like her then dinner would be a thing.

i'm not even sure how long shes planning on staying in vancouver. i believe she said till sept

i just don't like the idea of her expecting a dinner from me. why dinner, isn;t coffee, ice cream and walk in the park or around good enough . and we don;lt even now each other at all, but for 8 minutes we chatted

what would u guys do in this sittuation-what would u do-

Hi Jenny

How are you doing today.we met at chapters a few days ago

when are you free? want to meet for coffee? i can show you around vancouver

theres this nice ice cream place near main st.

HER RESPONSE

Yes.. I remember you^^ How are you? I was a little bit busy because of my homework. I am free after school on thursday. Tomorrow and wednedsday i have an appointment.

If you are also free on thursday, we can meet together.^^ Will you buy me a dinner?^^

Let me know if you are available or not^^

Take care~ See you

Go somewhere inexpensive and just split the bill. Some sitdown bistro or dinner, or cheap wing night at what ever bar

yes but in her email she wrote back as it said "will u buy me dinner"

i mean i doubt she be happy at the end when i sauy lets just split the bill. i mean would u buy her dinner-yes or no and why or why not

she sounds fobby to me. i think it's a cultural difference. she's expecting u to take her out since u seem like you're interested in her. and i guess in her culture, buying dinner is no big deal. it doesn't have to be fancy. u could take her to some cheap ol' place that's just good food. but if u really don't wanna pay, just suggest back, "how about just ice cream?" i think that should giver her a hint that you're interested, but not THAT interested yet and/or that you're not that rich.

She's being extremely bold, but maybe dinner's her idea of a first date. Like all the other posters have said, suggest either splitting the bill/going someplace cheap or going out for coffee/ice cream. If she doesn't go for that, I'd be thinking twice about whether or not to pursue something with this girl.

I can tell why you have trouble with dating.

In korean and asian culture, guys who take out girls pay. A guy paying for dinner is expected, especially on a first date. He is showing that he is generous and can be a provider. Sometimes guy friends will pay for girl friends. It is CULTURE, it is normal. Splitting the bill or going out to coffee is a western thing.

She was flirting with you by hinting if you would take her out for dinner. But if you're going to be so cheap and can't afford a meal, don't bother dating.

I can tell why you have trouble with dating.

In korean and asian culture, guys who take out girls pay. A guy paying for dinner is expected, especially on a first date. He is showing that he is generous and can be a provider. Sometimes guy friends will pay for girl friends. It is CULTURE, it is normal. Splitting the bill or going out to coffee is a western thing.

She was flirting with you by hinting if you would take her out for dinner. But if you're going to be so cheap and can't afford a meal, don't bother dating.

Exactly.

I know its Western culture to split the bill...Asian dating culture is starting to change and are doing the same thing too, but the traditional mindset of "buying the girl dinner" is still there.

Also, she sounds a bit fob-ish, so it comes off all wrong for some reason. I had a girl say that to me and she actually meant it as a tease. Sometimes those just don't come off as it was intended.

Archived