How would you feel if your girlfriend said this?

I would dump her purly on the basis that she USES myspace. These "friedns" websites are nothing but trouble and just cause hurt and misery for couples. Myspace, Bebo, Friendster. They all encourage secrecy and ppl always type struff on them that just hurts others. Get rid of her.

I'll agree that since this is high school, the comment was immature but high schoolers are immature so its not the end of the world.

What stuck to me was your point that "if I said that about her, the world would end". Now whether that is because she doesn't want her bubble burst, or whether or not its because she would interpret it the way you are obviously interpreting, I don't know.

The larger question is: are there OTHER things that she can do, but you can't? If so, are there things you CAN do that she cannot? I'd be worried about imbalance in a relationship where she can do as she pleases, but I have to have approval for everything. If that describes your relationship more closely than you'd like to admit, then you have a problem.

On the other hand, its high school -- most likely you won't end up together forever. Have your fun (meaning, BOTH emotional and physical) and let it run its course. Things change drastically when you have to consider education and career -- you can afford to have much more emphasis on fun now vs later when its all about compatibility. Enjoy it while you can.

people:

this is high school. I can imagine this being said in person to one another.

"my boyfriends not hot but he's the sweetest ever".

would be perfectly segued with

"well my boyfriend's cat can beat your boyfriend's cat".

having said that - I once glimpsed a chat conversation my gf was having with a girl friend of hers, and my gf said something like "yah the hot guys are good to look at, but for me its all about the personality". I kinda felt a bit butt hurt about that because it somehow implied that I was ugly....