I thought I would share what I have learned and experienced this past year since I joined ENotAlone.

I came here after my 3 year relationship ended. I thought it was the end of the world. Pain was unbelievable. I learned your EX is not as good as you envision them to be. I learned that life goes on afterwards, and often for the better. While it took me almost 8 months to get over the ex. the day has finally come where I rarely if ever think of them. I have held NC for 7 months and it has worked wonders.

I jumped into a rebound relationship after that. Fun while it lasted (6 months) but I knew she wasn't the one and ended it before I got in too deep.

Then I chased a few other women. In the process I learned to not take a women's words too seriously. I learned that actions speak much louder than words. I learned that women also use men just for sex. I learned that relationships are mutual and if you are not getting what you need it is time to move on. I learned that there is nothing you can do to make someone like you. You are who you are.

I learned that no matter what someone says, if they don't call you back in a timely manner, if they don't make time for you, there is someone out there that will. And these others are not worth your time.

I have recently met a new woman. We see each other once a week. We talk everyday. We don't worry about what the other is thinking or who is going to make the next move. It all just goes smoothly. And if this one doesn’t work out, I am not worried. There will always be another girl and another learning experience.

Good luck to you all.

• Like 1