I need to know ...

Has anyone ever had a fibroid removed from inside their uterus?

Has anyone been pregnant while in the process of preparing before such surgery as removal of fibroids?

Has anyone had their uterus removed and what happened afterwards once the procedure was done?

i have a little cousin that had her uterus removed at 13. She had 6 bloodcots though. its just like a c-section but a little more painful. if you so much as yawn and stretch your stomach muscles youd be in agonizing pain. Im not trying to scare you or anything but sugar coating things only makes it worse in the long run because you find out the hard way. i have fibroids in the breast. ive been through about 3 surgeries for that because if one is left itll multiply so i had to keep going back.

after all the pain was gone she just sucked it up and moved on. wasnt too much she could do about it, not like they couldve put it back. she is now 17 and living life.. hers was a life or death thing. think of it this way.. it could be worst. Im at risk for cervical cancer. At anytime i can go to the ob/gyn and he tells me that it has progressed to cancer. thatll leave me with a 50/50 chance of making the family ive planned to have. Yes you can get them in the breast. its called fibroanema or something like that.. i forget sometimes. its the developement of scar tissue so i have to be careful cause you cant differ between malignant and benign by touch. they have to be removed to tell. i just had my last one last july. it doesnt hurt at all. just itches.. so like i said, it could be worst but i suggest stay away, far far far away from caffeine. it makes things like that worse.

I am really scared right now . I just found out that I am pregnant for sure and I told the baby's father that I do not want him to have any part in my decision to abort this child and or end our relationship.

He of course did not approve of this decision but I of course know that he does not care about me nor did he ever.

I have no one to turn to about this and this has been a very difficult decision for me that is also heartbreaking in my mind. I am 34 years old and I never had children before. I am wondering that if I keep this baby will I suffer a miscarriage because of the massive fibroid that has grown over the size of a grapefruit and has enlarged my uterus. I have had a fibroid taken out before. this one is bigger and hurts more and I am unsure what to do. I have also decided to remove my uterus. My surgery is in two weeks. What is the right thing to do here. I am trapped with fear!

Don't do anything yet! there is a group online called Yahoo... google them for fibroids.

There are all sorts of women in there, young and old, some pregnant, and many with large fibroids like you.

If you PM me, I'll send you the link. I just don't have it at my disposal right now.

No.. lots of women have big fibroids and only get the fibroids themselves removed. It's called a myomectomy. It's abdominal surgery sometimes, although sometimes they can remove the fibroid through your vaginal opening, but you heal fast and get to keep your uterus.

I know lots of doctors push women to have the hysterectomies cuz they are far easier to do than the myomectomies, but there's many skilled surgeons out there that do the myomectomies all the times and their patients go on to having children. There is a doctor called Mildred Comrie or something in Long Island Hospital in New York that is famous for removing many fibroids successfully. Try google, Long Island Hospital -doctors performing myomectomies and something should come up.

Don't give up Zoey.

Oh.. i wanted to tell you too Zoey, there ARE women who have large fibroids that can successfully deliver their babies. I read of one of them saying that the fibroid provided like a pillow for the baby. But, then, it depends on the location of the fibroid and how fast it grows. I'd stay away from caffeine if I were you, that makes them grow more.