Is she pregnant? What are the chances?

roswell

My girlfriend and I have been having sex for about a month. Every time, I pull out before i cum and i just finish outside of her. Within the first week of us having sex, she was not on the pill, but, as I said, I pull out every time. She then became on the pill after about a week of sex. A couple weeks later, she stopped taking it (to get her period). After 1 or 2 days of being off it, she got her period. She says it was normal bleeding and all that jazz. After she got off of her period, she has been complaining about how sore her breasts were. She said they are VERY tender and hurt, even if they are barely touched. I know that this is an early sign of pregnancy, and this worries us. We bought a pregnancy test the other day, and she used it and the test came up a negative. This was great relief, but it STILL worries us because I heard that false negatives are common. What is your opinion? Do you think she is pregnant? What are the chances? We do not want a pregnancy right now, that would be terrible.

The sore boobs are most likely a result of the change in hormones brought on by the pill she's on. If she's had a period AND a negative test, it is highly, highly unlikely that she is pregnant. False negatives are really not that common when the test is used correctly.

Please do a search for precum and pregnancy on this forum.

Roswell I am trying to put together the time frame here:

- four weeks ago you start having sex, without protection

- one week later she starts the Pill

- two weeks later she starts the sugar tablets on the Pill so she gets her period

- it's been maybe a week since then

I always understood that it does take a couple of weeks at least for the Pill to really kick in, so if you guys kept having sex once she started it she could still perhaps be pregnant. However, if she had a full period then the chances are minimal. But if you have started having sex since her period, then the risk is back if the Pill wasn't absorbed into her bloodstream for long enough before she went on to the sugar tablets.

The Pill she's on should have had an instruction booklet/sheet. You can also google it and see what the instructions for use are, and how long it takes to "work".

I agree that her sore breasts could have come about from the Pill, but it's also a pregnancy sign, as you know. The false negatives from home pregnancy tests happen because there is not enough of the pregnancy hormone in a woman's urine. This happens when the test is taken too early, such as before the woman's expected period. It can take more than 3 weeks for the hormone to show up, and I have heard of pregnant women who were as much as 6 weeks gone for whom the tests didn't work, but that's rare surely.

She's probably not pregnant, but you are talking about a confluence of things happening here that do not necessarily rule it out. I would certainly advise that you guys research the Pill she's on to see what the risks really are, and the various websites etc might also talk about side effects like sore breasts.

something else I will add, you should only start the pill on the sugar pill at the first day of your period, you should wear a condom for at least the first 2 weeks from the time you start the pill (not the sugar pill).. and whenever you start new medication you should read the leaflet that they put in the packet, it's there for a reason.

Take your girlfriend to get a pregnancy test if she is already off the sugar pills and back onto the normal pill, it's a chance she is pregnant but there is a higher chance she isn't because the pill started at the wrong time of your cycle will stuff you around, and stress on top of that will stuff you around even more, take the test and find out for sure.

then, wear a condom, if you aren't prepared to be a daddy, then wear one, even if it's not as good as without, until you are prepared to have a baby to look after then you shouldn't go without a raincoat