Wanting My Ex Back BAD

Wow - I can really relate to your posting - pretty close to my own experience with marriage.

Right now it seems like pursuing him is just going to push him away even more. Give him space. Trust me, it's not like he's just going to forget about you.... you guys shared too much for that to easily happen. Not saying he's not going to go out with other people, that's possible - but I'd guess there's still some strong feelings in him towards you (which is why he'd return your phone calls and still be willing to talk to you).

Getting dumped is one of the worst feelings ever. It tells the other person they are not good enough for you. That you got to know them inside and out and realized you just didn't like them as a person. Getting over this pain, as I'm sure you know, is one of the hardest things to do. Regardless of how many promises you make to him now, the pain is obviously still fresh enough in his mind to not trust you enough.

Give it time and see what happens. Life can sometimes be ironic... who knows, the day that he decides you are the "one" for him - you may think otherwise.... but pushing the issue is probably going to just make things worse and you'll end up looking desperate (which is always a turn off).

it's tough, but just don't bring up any relationship type topics. don't even go into anything personal. just have normal friendly conversations as if you two were just getting to know each other. after my ex and i broke up, i always asked her about "us" and everything and all it did was piss her off and drive her away. i took some time away from her, and when i talked to her again i genuinely just wanted to make her laugh and talk about whatever. i don't bring up anything that has to do with her and i, or her and another guy or that i miss her or anything. if she wants to bring it up, then that's great. just converse with him like you did when you two first met. after all, that's when you two hit it off. good luck.