slipping. its like drowning.

I'm all over the place on this one... So anyone who reads it, I apologize for the headache you're going to get.

I've come pretty far in the past year. I'm happy with myself, I'm happy with my life, I'm happy with the things I have and the things I do. I've learned how to make myself happy, and not need a relationship to do it.

I want to tell him though. I want him to see how different I am, because he's one of the few people that really understands me.

But, the guy he's with now, has demanded he stop talking to me completely. I ran into them last night, out together. They just walked by, I didn't say anything. Except, I got a look from the new guy, a look of absolute hatred.

I've learned how to deal with alot, but this is new.

That, and the ex's family (I'm still close to some of them) say they've lost contact with him. They keep telling me how much they don't like the guy he's with now, and that he's probably why they've lost contact with my ex.

My ex hated it whenever anyone would try to control him. Seems as though that's changed.

For the first time in 6 years, I'm going to be alone on valentine's day. On purpose. Sure, I could get a date if I really wanted to. But I only want to be with someone that I feel strongly about, and right now that is still only one person. It's been close to a year now, and I still feel.

Hey there,

I think it's great that you've come so far since your breakup, in terms of becoming a happier person and leading a more fulfiling life. So it's been about a year since you parted ways? I haven't seen your other threads, so how long did you two date?

I think the fact that you wrote you wanted him to know how much you've changed says a lot. It means you haven't put this relationship fully behind you. You need to take the necessary steps towards closure by not attempting to talk to him anymore, and putting him out of your life for good. It's not healthy to hang on like this. Believe me, I know it's hard to cut someone out of your life that you love, but it seems like he can only hurt you at this point, especially now that he's shown you he has moved on with somebody new. Do you really want all of this unnecessary drama in your life?

Big hug to you, I know you are feeling sh*tty right now, but try and open yourself up to the idea of being single and have fun with other people. Make yourself get out of the house on V-Day; that's my plan!

It's been close to a year, march 10th. we were together for 4 1/2 years.

Since I found out that the new guy doesn't want him talking to me, I haven't made any attempts. I figured that's the easiest thing to do, since continuing to do so would just make me seem and feel desperate. It went from a text message conversation about something or other every week to nothing, and I continued to try until I found out what the problem was, which was about 2 weeks. Its been about a month now since any contact at all.

I feel like I'm in high school again. Why can't I grow up about this.

I don't know what the next necessary steps are. I feel like I've done everything I needed to. I go out, and I have great times with my friends. I meet new people. I travel alot and make new friends in every city. I have a great life, one that people constantly tell me they wish they had. But I still hang on. How do I stop this? I don't try to go after him, i don't try to contact him anymore.