Interview Prep

I'm finally coming down to my RCMP interviews, and was wondering if anyone here can help give me tips even just about interviews in general, im asking pretty much every forum I'm at because I dont wanna miss some detail someone might have, plus I really want to make it in

any advice is good!

What's RCMP? Generally, prepare answers to questions you think they might ask, have a list of intelligent, thoughtful questions to ask THEM, dress nicely, smile, maintain eye contact, take a few seconds to really think about your answers before speaking, provide a lot of detail in your answers, including examples, but don't talk too much.

RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

(remember the Dudley Doright movie/cartoon?)

Confidence will work, being a wimp will show you the door.

Stumbling for an answer isn't good either, quick answers are better.

Part of any law enforcement interview is Psych., it's to make sure you're not a psycho loose cannon like in the Mel Gibson movies.

yeah, i guess i should clarify: hemming and hawing isn't good, so don't hesitate too much before answering. no staring at the floor and acting insecure. ;-) but my ex was an exec who was included on interview loops two or three times per week ~ he was the 'tough guy' who was supposed to raise the standards for whatever group asked him to sit in on the interview. he used to say that most people make the same 2 mistakes: (1) they blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without *really* thinking about what the interviewer is asking; (2) once they start on a tangent, they keep talking and talking, even if it's not relevant. people get nervous and want to fill the silence with their voice...but they don't always do that in the best or smartest way. the best interviewees, apparently, are also able to give enough detail in their (already good) answer so as to paint a really clear picture of their experiences and areas of expertise.