Wasn't sure where to put this. I just got the chance to get on my roommates computer so I thought I'd give everyone an update.

Well, I think I'm doing better. I'm getting use to this, that is living with a roommate and everything. Umm... I'm doing ok. Things can be hard at times, but it's not too bad My brothers already started going to therapy, they (brother's friends parents (guardians now)) said they really think the therapy will help and is starting to help. They said it's slow going with that. I'm not really sure how soon the therapy is suppose to help or see a lot of change with that. But I guess anything better is something.

I was kind of thinking of looking into going to some kind of therapy as well. I'm not sure if it would help or if I would have the money for it, but I think it wouldn't hurt to at least look into it. Plus, I don't think I'm doing great on myself when it comes to dealing with everything. I just think maybe it would help, but I don't know.

I think I've caught some kind of bug, I've been feeling really sick. I keep feeling like I'm going to vomit, but I don't and feeling dizzy. I don't know what it is, hopefully it goes away soon. Can't complain about it too much though, it's probably not much of anything

So yeah, I'm doing ok.

Hello GoneAgain,

And I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling a little under the weather today, hopefully, it will pass quickly.

Good to hear that your brother is making significant steps, let's hope for a quick recovery for his problems also. It is great that he has support.

You know that this website is here anytime, and there is always some night owl, (like me) here to talk to. welcome back!

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better within yourself, and healing in that sense also.

Peace, and best wishes to you and your brother.

Jeffrey

Look for a goal-directed therapy; tell the doctor that you want to accomplish certain things in your life, and you are hoping to discuss those goals with him, or her, and your feelings as you move forward.

With an abusive history, it's really good to keep things in context and not let the past chase you in the present. So, yeah, I vote for therapy, as long as it's about moving forward constructively while dealing with the past issues as they come up in that pursuit.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello GoneAgain,

And I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling a little under the weather today, hopefully, it will pass quickly.

Good to hear that your brother is making significant steps, let's hope for a quick recovery for his problems also. It is great that he has support.

You know that this website is here anytime, and there is always some night owl, (like me) here to talk to. welcome back!

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better within yourself, and healing in that sense also.

Peace, and best wishes to you and your brother.

Jeffrey

Thank you Only problem is this is a relationship forum it seems. At first I didn't realize this, at least not to the extent it really is, though it's pretty obvious now lol So......I don't know, I guess this forum doesn't seem it would be much help/support other then a few people, which is fine I'm glad for those people who have helped so much! It's wonderful really, but other then a few I don't hold much promise for the rest.

Most days I feel so grateful to be here and know at least my brother is getting help. He seems better, at least a little. But I still have a lot of problems, but I can't figure out why Ever feel depressed/empty but not able to find a reason why? I feel like I'm going to cry, I don't sleep (average is 2 hrs sleep each night for the past week), and I barely eat, but I also feel so grateful for my life. I mean I want it to be better, I want less stress, but I'm soo happy to have what I have and just.....feel like I'm so much better off now then I was before. So IDK why I feel like this. Mixed feelings I guess lol

Look for a goal-directed therapy; tell the doctor that you want to accomplish certain things in your life, and you are hoping to discuss those goals with him, or her, and your feelings as you move forward.

With an abusive history, it's really good to keep things in context and not let the past chase you in the present. So, yeah, I vote for therapy, as long as it's about moving forward constructively while dealing with the past issues as they come up in that pursuit.

That's what I want! I want to move forward, I want to get ahead in life. I want to possibly go to school if I can to learn more. Maybe get a better job. So yeah, that's what I want, among other things, thank you for your advice! I'm sure it will be helpful as I had no clue where to start, what type of therapist to look for, etc.