When did it stop being fun and start being scary?

Hello Baby Carrot,

They say that 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30, so I guess I should feel about 35. (Actually, I really don't feel much different than I did in high school.)

I don't think there is any more fear attached to being a little older, in fact... the freedom can be exhilarating.

Wait and see.

Really? Well hello, my name is Carrot and I´m 13 LOL

But, not feeling different from highschool at 45? I feel a hell of a lot different from highschool and I was still in it only 5 years ago...

Is that attitude some kind of a middle age crisis byproduct?

I mean... no offense, but how can you still feel on your teens?

At 23 you may have a great desire to feel very different than high school. I guess I was kind of in a hurry to feel grown up in my twenties. I see people buying beer get offended when they get carded. "Hey man, I'm 22!" And, I did the same, although I didn't drink at all 'til 27.

I didn't say exactly the same, but essentially, I am the same person.

I still play guitar, I still work, I still smoke. Maybe I never grew up. "goo, goo".

Also... "Baby Carrot"... that is the coolest name I've seen here. I'm thinking about using that for a band name. Uh, with your permission of course, and (If my drummer ever gets his stuff together.)

We'll give you full credit though, and a small royalty.

Stay cool

Jeffrey2095

I guess I was kind of in a hurry to feel grown up in my twenties. I see people buying beer get offended when they get carded.
LOL, this is not my case. Actually I´m freaking out cuz I feel, as mentioned before, 23 going 54 I don´t know why! I do look older, I´m jaded, bitter and I feel like I´m running out of time! Crazy!

Maybe I never grew up. "goo, goo".

LOL Too funny.

that is the coolest name I've seen here. I'm thinking about using that for a band name. Uh, with your permission of course, and (If my drummer ever gets his stuff together.) We'll give you full credit though, and a small royalty.
Like, seriously? "...And now, the moment we´ve all been waiting for, Baby Carrot..." Mmmpphhh sounds funky LOL If it´s a band maybe, The Baby Carrots? Are there any chicks in your band?

Well, let me know if you do call your band like that! It´d be flattering!

Cheers.

BTW, is that you on your avatar? Looking good! You look like a brunette version of Kid Rock

I'm starting to really wonder that, too. I've only been an adult (according to society) for close to 3 years and it is scary. When your a kid, you don't have these worries about the future, about life and death, or if you will actually survive and succeed in the world. But there comes a time I guess whe you must change, as your enviornment does. Life seems rather scary now, but I welcome the challenge. It is what will make me stronger.

Yes, I agree, BC. The world can be a pretty scary place sometimes. That's one reason some people are loners and introverts. Life is easy without effort or risk. Living that way is an easy habit to get into and a hard one to get out of.

Aw, thanks for the reply. I know exactly what you´re referring to. You turned out to be a great guy though, you do know that right.

Cheers.

Hello again Baby Carrot,

"Kid Rock?" Maybe it's the hat. Thank you for the comment.

We don't have a female singer. I would be open to the idea, but I think my drummer is a little too Chauvanistic.

We have a singer and a bass player lined up, but I haven't heard from my drummer for 4 months. I am sooo tired of waiting for him, I'm ready to get an electronic drum-set and just record everything myself. Of course, he doesn't like that idea one bit. Tough toenails right? :splat: