Need some advice on Braces

Alright, I just got braces put in a few days ago. The teeth in my top jaw are narrower than the teeth in my bottom jaw. I got a bracket on the top of my mouth that pushes against the inside of most of my teeth, trying to push them out to match with the bottoms. It also keeps me from using the roof of my mouth.

So here's my problem. It's extremely painful to eat. The bracket cut my tongue, and the rest of my teeth are just very tender and sore. I cant bite with my front teeth, because they are worse than any of my other teeth. So does anyone have any tips on eating until I get used to having these?

Hey I know what it´s like to have braces and sore teeth.

Feels like you´re chewing rocks, so try not to chew.

Eat really soft things. If you can, feed yourself of smoothies and milkshakes. I mean, healthy ones with fat free milk, yogur and fresh fruits.

Mashed potatoes, Jello-O, soup, stuff like that. Don´t force it while they´re still tender.

And I´m sorry for you, I know it´s a pain! Ouch!

i just got my braces off a few months ago and boy do i miss them (oddly enough). of course i really ate soft foods, but small bites is they key. i think i had the same appliances as you, it's like a separator at the roof of my mouth and my tongue couldn't touch the top of my roof (made me talk funny and all), i just got adjusted to it. the pain will go away eventually, and the 2 years you have to wear your braces will fly. goo luck!