DROPING OUT OF COLLEGE. How does it work?

I think it depends on the University you go to. When I went, I know that there was no way to get out of that situation. If you were too late in dropping a class then you'd get a NP (no paper) which is the equivalent of 40% (I think).

I believe the only way out of it was if you had a legitimate medical problem but you needed to provide proof.

Check with the registar again and see what they say. If it's too late then I think you might just have to take the hit.

So, what would happen if I take the classes again later on next fall, and get good grades. I started school this fall with a 3.65 GPA. What happens now? And what happens if I retake the classes, pass, etc.???

I understand taking the classes again is the best idea. But I guess that all depends if this other school makes a big deal about it or not. If anyone knows how the School of visual arts in nyc, admissions work, share the light, please.

Anywho, I am kicking myself for not being able to continue, but for those who read my last desperate post, somehow it was worth worrying about school so far.

MORE advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how retaking a failed class reads on your transcripts... whether it deletes the previously failed classes or just shows that you were willing to work to pass them (I always assumed it was the later). Either way, it would read more as "I made a mistake, but I'm willing to own up to it and correct it." Like you said, it really depends on the new school (sorry, I know nothing about their admissions process.) Maybe you should consider speaking with an admissions representative. You could do so annoymously via phone or email and get a better idea of what the right approach may be.

I'm actually going through a similar thing right now. I decided to transfer out of my university because it wasn't really giving me what I wanted which caused my grades to slip since I didn't care. Pretty much the only thing you can do is find out what your transfer school requires as to get in. Most reqiure your transcript. You could anonymously call up the school and ask them the what if scenario of the effects of failing your classes for that semester. I'm sure if you explained it to them they might see your view. This might lessen your chance of them knowing about it until you're ready to give them your transcript. Also, if your failing for that semester I'd find out what your current schools policy is on failing all your classes. I know where I go if I fail all my classes for the semester I'll get kicked out and have to wait a year to transfer to the college I want to. All and all you might just have to bite the bullet on this one.

Talking to the advisers is probably the best way to handle this. They've handled stuff like this all the time. You could try retaking the failed classes. Some colleges let you substitute the failing grade with a better grade.

When I transfered from one school to the other, my credits transfered, but my GPA did not transfer. You may want to check with a school that you might transfer to. If you are able to be accepted into another college, then your bad semester might fall off your GPA. It would still be in your transcript, however.

A friend of mine was telling me that he had to file for "Academic Bankrupcy". What this does is it completely wipes out your entire transcript. All of your bad grades are gone, but all of your hard work is gone too. It gives you a chance to start over. This is not recomended.

I would do that academic bankruptcy, but the thing is I already graduated from another private college with a Associates degree.

Would it wipe out even my other credits from where I graduated from?

This really is getting me very upset...knowing that because I wasn't mentally fit to keep on with classes for now, will harm my OTHER credits. I mean, I did well at the other college. Does that help at all??