Foundation?

Hey everyone. I have some skin questions. I've never used foundation in my life, and now I think I finally want to. I used to have acne and my skin would react badly to ANYTHING, but now my acne is gone and I just have blemishes. I want to look for a foundation but I don't know what kind I should get. My skin's not oily, in fact it can get dry in spots, especially on my forehead. I also want to open up my pores and just make my skin glow. Any advice on what kind of foundation to get, how to use it, how to match it to my skin tone etc?? I saw a brand on TV that had a whipped cream-like texture. Is that any good? Anything that won't clog up my pores. Thanks.

Well, I have absolutely NO clue, I just have the same kinda problems. If you find something that really works let me know, share the knowledge, lol. Only thing I know is go for the more natural kinda stuff, two of my friends tried some stuff that didn't have that organic kinda label and it -really- screwed their skin up.

I use one called Happy Light , the brand is bourjois. It is moisturizing with medium coverage, it has "light capturing pigments" meaning that it makes your skin glow. I love it. Got it at Ulta...don't know if you have those but it around $20 and mine lasted for 6 months. Just go in to the store and have a sales person tell you which color you are. I absolutely LOVE this foundation.

depends what kind of whipped cream brand that was

i would avoid anything cheap

just because it has a light whipped cream texture doesnt mean it'll apply that way on your face

if you address any make up counter of what your after im sure you'll find something suitable for your skin.

maybe mineral based foundations,

to get skin glowing

its not really just a stage of applying make up

theres exfoliation, cleansing toning etc to also consider

i would recomeend i dunno a clinique or clarins step by step routine set.

if your on a budjet dont invest in mousey stuff

go for a liquid based product

I use foundation and I use some cheap oil-free stuff. I also had some problems with acne. I found out that using one of those triangular wedges applicators are not good for people who have acne problems. The wedges store the oil from your face and puts it back. I broke out so much after using one for two weeks. Just wanted to warn you about that.

If you have blemishes, you shouldn't be using foundation. It will just aggravate the problem.

If you really want some, I'd recommend using a powder. Liquid foundation will not allow your skin to breathe (despite manufacturer claims).

This is what I've heard as well; as M suggests, apply some sun block and then use powder. This apparently gives you a more natural look.

One caveat: make sure *NOT* to apply only powder as this can clog your pores as well.

Like Hoss, I've heard some good things about BareEscentuals too.

Have fun cosmetic shopping!

Alot of it depends on your skin. I have friends who swear by MAC concealer, but I find that it looks caked-on. So does the whipped stuff you saw on t.v. (for me)

I would recommend going to a department store and trying some different kinds, especially dior and chanel. They will apply it for you, give you a makeover, and let you see what you think. You can wear it and see how it looks 5 hours after it's been applied. If you like, then you go back and buy.

Personally I use Chanel "Pro lumiere" - it's like magic. It fully covers my blemishes and blotchiness, but it's impossible to tell that I'm wearing makeup!

Also, it is important that the foundation is the same shade as your neck. It will seem too light, but then you can wear a bit of blush on your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to not look washed out. (If you get a shade darker than the skin on your neck, it will look fake and really bad)

the 'whipped' textured ones tend to be very mattifying - more importantly, very drying. This would be good for your spots, but foundation + dry skin = cornflakes!

I'm thinking you should use a medicated concealer for the spots, and a tinted moisturiser (a very light foundation). Make sure you use a moisturiser as well, oily skin or not. really massage it into the skin, and wait a few minutes, then warm up foundation/tinted moisturiser in your fingers and gently pat onto skin. Then apply concealer; to conceal a spot pat some using your index finger/a brush directly onto the spot, and just pat until it's blended - do not rub in, you dont want to conceal the surrounding area, just the spot.

For undereye concealing spread it lightly accross, gently blending in with your ring finger.

Hope this helped!