So my best friend & business partner went through this "thing" recently. She said she was tired and needed a break. She had been ugly with her words and downright hurtful.

She took a two week break and came back a new woman. She really has been in a good mood. But it seems that things are still not back to normal with us. There's just something a little off. I know I feel differently, like I need to keep her at arms length.

I just walked up on her desk and she quickly closed an email she was working on. It had text in red and black. It looked kind of like a contract but I'm not sure.

So now I'm in super-hyper overdrive anxiety -- again! Is she quitting? Am I just worrying? Should I worry?

Our relationship is SOOOO very complicated and complex both personally and in business.

I want to trust her. I was beginning to again but just walking up on that & her closing it that fast made me feel like she's hiding something. My stomach hurts. I've been using this mantra: it is what it is and I am what I am. It's not working today.

Truly, I have not stopped being her friend and supporting her 100%. I don't want to change that. Just needed to vent. If you have suggestions, please help!

I'm sorry darling,

I wish I had some suggestions or words of wisdom for you....All I can really think of is to talk to her. Ask her how she's been feeling about the business lately.

One thing though is worrying & wondering about all the what if's, is going to stress you out & eat at you (talk to her or let go & trust that thing will work out) But either way, You need to know that you have no control over this.Take it a step at a time, you'll be okay.

Maybe you should ask her if she's having thoughts of leaving the business and going elsewhere? Also if one of you leaves, do you have any kind of non-competition clause in your contract? Could she take some of your clientelle? Anyway, if you ask her and you feel confident that she is not leaving then great, but if you feel she is, just start taking measures to protect yourself right away, such as saving up money, not making major purchases, looking into part time jobs, stuff like that.