Is there something wrong with me and dating?

Cool website here. I have been reading for awhile but feel like I need to post now.

My problem is that I feel on top of the world when I am dating someone. I feel more confident and generally much more happy and fullfilled. But the opposite when I am not.

There is this new girl that I have gone on a few dates with. I feel like I really like her and could be exclusive with her and it has only been 4 dates. I think this is my problem. I am really picky with girls, but when I find one I like, I really latch onto them emotionally (but of course I suppress my feelings so they don't know this and I don't scare them away).

Is this wrong and bad?

I mean I feel so great when we hang out. But when I don't hear from her for two days I feel anxious, and even a little sad and lonely. And I wonder why she hasn't called and what she is doing. I drive myself nuts with this stuff.

I have a lot of free time in my life right now (I am a student) so I don't know if that is making this worse or not.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom from the experts here? How do I get past this?

Thank you.

I hate that unsure time. Next time you go on a date drop her the question. I think you should clear the path, figure it out. If yes then yes, if no then no.

Wait for a good moment in the night. Like a time where you just had a deep interesting conversation. Make it flow.

Im a student too, and I know exactly what you mean by free-time... "do I contact her". The answer from my point of view (and I have my problems too mind you) is to not call her during the week. keep it to weekends... make sure nothing else is really on her mind.

-ForAnother