Trying to feel better about myself

Hi. I have this problem and I'm not sure how to make it better.

I'm very confident when it comes to my intelligence or humour but I'm not at all when it comes to my outer appearance. A few years ago I weighed 25lbs more than I do now but I was really confident. I felt sexy. I decided to drop the weight and I'm down to a "normal" size for my height and body type.

The problem now is that I have no self-esteem when it comes to my appearance. I don't get it. You'd think that losing weight would make me feel even better! I exercise regularly (I'm even training for a 1/2 marathon!), watch what I eat, I keep myself busy with friends and my bf. The problem is that I look at myself in the mirror and I feel fat and ugly. I don't get it.

I know I look attractive to others, just not to myself. I've been trying to tell myself things like "you look good this morning, you're smart, that was a funny joke" but man...it's hard to cut all that negativity out!

Any suggestions? I don't need to hear that I'm attractive from other people, I need to feel it for myself!

You need to start to love,believe,support yourself, If you loved yourself then you wouldnt give damn how you would look,or what others think of it. Imagine you are a pretty face, and it gets smashed in a car accident, you still have to continue living, you are forced to re-think your inner values, because your outer values are of no meaning.

I had that accident, and even tho my face was in shambles(when i looked in the mirror i saw a monster) i will never forget how my mother kept on loving me, and supported me. Even tho i had to eat food thru a straw and my teeth where in plaster, i needed to support myself. what weight concerns we have heavy weight running in the family, whats truelly important is that you can look in the mirror and say 'im satisfied with who i am ' 10/10 that there's nothing wrong with you, just accept yourself even if it was just for 1 day for who you are. Love,believe and support yourself.

I think it's important to be satisfied and happy with all aspects...outer appearance, personality, soul...everything. That's why I'm asking for suggestions on how to feel good about myself.

I don't care what other people think. I'm more concerned about what I think. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but to say that appearance doesn't mean anything is not true. How you feel about yourself inside and out matters.

I don't care what other people think. I'm more concerned about what I think. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but to say that appearance doesn't mean anything is not true. How you feel about yourself inside and out matters.

If you say something like this it means that you are spiritually attached to your looks, you put all kinds of conditions on yourself and on how you look before you love yourself. You should love yourself unconditionally no matter how you look,so you can say to yourself looks don't matter to me.

Think of a mantra (kind of like a short and simple "reminder" message) that uses The Law's suggestion, and say it over and over again on a daily basis whenever you're feeling down about yourself. Eventually, if you believe in it, you will begin to unconsciously think differently about yourself.

There is nothing physically wrong with you. It's all mental.