Good opening lines?

The situation: So you are standing in line at the local Tim Hortons, 7am, and there are 3 very hot paramedics standing in front of you. The line up is quite long so there are many chances to make small talk, but nothing comes to mind.

The question: What kinds of things do you say in situations like this? I seriously don't get out a lot and my only chances to meet new guys are in situations like this... What are some good opening lines? Something kinda funny to get a conversation started.

The situation: So you are standing in line at the local Tim Hortons, 7am, and there are 3 very hot paramedics standing in front of you. The line up is quite long so there are many chances to make small talk, but nothing comes to mind.

The question: What kinds of things do you say in situations like this? I seriously don't get out a lot and my only chances to meet new guys are in situations like this... What are some good opening lines? Something kinda funny to get a conversation started.

Pretend you're choking?...that should get some attention...lol

Other than that, it's 7am and you're at a coffee place, most everyone is tired as hell and doesn't really want to be up or they wouldn't be there in the first place to get coffee. Honestly, if I was approached by a girl at 7am, I'd be kind of annoyed. Any other time though, like after they wake up, just say "HI"...it's not that hard. You don't have to be witty from the get-go, and if you want something funny to say, you could be like "shouldn't you three be out saving someone right now? hah, coffee shops aren't the first place I'd look, but I would check mcdonalds down the street before you leave the area since you could get a possible 3rd degree burns from their coffee." I dont know...something stupid like that...but you have to say it in a funny tone, don't act serious.

simply ask what brew or flavor they reccomend. that you have heard most people have their signature drink but you are feeling adventurous and would like to try something new....

or be very silly and say i bet i can guess your orders--- like you look like a guy that likes a mean cup of joe- black. while you strike me as a guy that is secure in his manhood and can get away with ordering a caramel macchiato upside down with extra caramel drizzle....

good luck!

simply ask what brew or flavor they reccomend. that you have heard most people have their signature drink but you are feeling adventurous and would like to try something new....

or be very silly and say i bet i can guess your orders--- like you look like a guy that likes a mean cup of joe- black. while you strike me as a guy that is secure in his manhood and can get away with ordering a caramel macchiato upside down with extra caramel drizzle....

good luck!

Line up at TIM HORTONs No signature drinks there. Maybe ask them to recommend you a doughnut....

If they are totally hot and goodlooking and uniformed and employeed then I'm guessing they get hit on all the time - best come up with something original!

As a girl you're free to open the conversation any way you wish and it will be well received. You could just saq something simple a "Hi" and hold eye contact and they'll start talking to you. Eye contact is the #1 sign I notice when a girl wants me to talk to her. Otherwise you could just listen in to what they're talking about and jump in on the conversation. Ask them a question about their jobs.

Line up at TIM HORTONs No signature drinks there. Maybe ask them to recommend you a doughnut....

If they are totally hot and goodlooking and uniformed and employeed then I'm guessing they get hit on all the time - best come up with something original!

hahaha my bad! i saw someone else type coffee shop below the OP so i just went with that, i am in the south have never ever heard of Tim Hortons

hahaha my bad! i saw someone else type coffee shop below the OP so i just went with that, i am in the south have never ever heard of Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons IS a coffee shop...I mean, among other things. It's just that-that is probably what 9 out of 10 people are there for at 7am. I don't get up at 7am to get doughnuts hah. But they do have like croissants, and muffins, and doughnuts, and probably some cakes if I remember...but I'm not sure about any special drinks. I don't really like coffee all that much, so I don't know a lot about it. Blue Skittles, the best thing to do is just relax though, it may sound weird, but you've got to treat everyone just like you've known them for years(no inside jokes though hah)...you'll be fine, I like gnabna's approach too.

Yes Tim Horton's sells coffee - good coffee but it's not a "cafe". It's like a more common kind of coffee shop. I don't think they sell cappachinos etc like Starbucks does.

Tim Hortons is an icon up north. In fact someone sent a whole bunch of Tim Horton's coffee over to Afganistan where our (Canadian) soldiers are fighting, to make them feel more at home.

Hah, just greet them. Guys love it when women start conversations, in you situation, they're likely very proud of their uniform/occupation, so to be acknowledged in this context is very flattering.

Actually, if you're in line at Tims, ignore the hot medics, turn around and look at the average looking guy in his business casual digs getting ready to go to his cruddy boring job and say hello to him. He'd like it too...

*puts on girly thinking hat*

Ok, I feel dirty but I must press on.

Say HI!

If you want something else *wink wink*

Hey, do you do house calls *wink*?

Wanna play doctor? *wink*

So when you're not saving people, where do you like to eat?

*still feels dirty*

*removes girly thinking hat*