Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

The Lo form has 25mg estrogen and the regular form has 35mg estrogen.

They haven't studied the Lo form for the treatment of acne, and maybe she had acne and that's why she wanted the regular form, it's hard to say.

From what I have read on it, the Lo form seems to be very effective, and I would choose it over a regular form personally, because high estrogen can have unwanted effects, like more headaches, nausea, mood swings, depending on the women.

Another factor can be weight. Usually they give a low dose of estrogen to thinner women.

Well, every pill works differently for every woman. Lo doses may not be as effective on some women, and I know some experience more mood swings with lower doses and so on.

Just like some women have less symptoms on one pill then another, or while two friends may have totally different symptoms on the same pill.

I was on regular Ortho Tri Cyclen for ten years, was on Lo dose for a couple months and then opted to go off it entirely (for health reasons mostly due to breast cancer risk in family, but also because it was having impact on mood (ie I had no moods!), creating a low grade depression and lessening libido over time which made me feel not myself anymore...and all those have corrected themself since I went off it after some time anyway). Anyway, when I switched I did not notice a change, but sometimes it takes time to notice one too.

Is anyone here on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo? I'm switching from Levora and I was wondering what your experiences were like. When I went to go get the pill I over heard a woman saying "its not working for me I need the regular kind" I really don't understand what thats supposed to mean.

The "regular kind" has a higher dosage of progestin in it than does Ortho Tricyclen Lo (hence the "lo").

I was on it for about a year. I really had no major problems with the pill, no serious side effects.

PROS:

It evened out my emotions a bit (some people complain about getting over-emotional from the pill, but it was the opposite for me-- I was overemotional to begin with, but going on the pill regulated my emotions/moods a lot better).

Also, I never experienced breakthrough bleeding.

Weight gain was minimal (8lbs.?).

My TOM came like CLOCKWORK.

I had virtually NO cramps, and a lighter flow.

CON:

There's only one thing that I did not like about it (which is why I got off that pill). It made me excessively tired. I would come home and go to sleep for an hour, every day. I was always so tired, and had no energy.

Why did I choose to go on "lo?" Because I am a smoker, and my doctor recommended that I take a lower dosage.

Keep in mind, though, that reactions/side effects are completely individual. It doesn't only depend on the pill that you choose to take, but it also depends on the individual.