How do you keep attraction without expectations?

Planning ahead can sometimes be a recipe for bad things to happen, to much planning is sort of like to much salt on your food, It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when things don't go the way you expected them to, And you feel like you have failed.

To be brutally honest with you, You sort of set yourself up for the feeling of depression because it's you who is the one planning what you would "LIKE" to have happen, Which never ends up being the way you want it.

I see it like this, Expectations in a Relationship/Friendship are never a good idea, Sure it's ok to have Gives-&-Takes between the two people in the Relationship/Friendship, If they are aware of those Gives-&-Takes, and are *OK* with them.. But just the word itself "expectations" roots from the word Expect. Try telling a Girl "I expect things to go like this" and see if she calls you back anytime soon, my point is no one like being told what to do.

Demanding, Or having a controled outcome, without the other persons consent Could, More time than not, Lead to your having that bad taste in your mouth, and no real taste of satisfaction of just letting things go without having control over it, It's the bitter sweet feeling of Knowing that Fate is sometimes Very sweet, If your wanting to know before hand, I suggest Answering those Miss. Cleo adds, Because Not knowing what will happen is just part of Life.

I have a problem where I'll be attracted to a girl, but will keep having a lot of expectations and if they don't go the way I expect them I get all depressed about it.

How do you guys go about dealing with expectations, but at the same time keeping your interest in a girl?

Start having expectations regarding the "relationship" after 10 dates. Before that it's just casual dating and you really shouldn't expect too much.