Im a 15 yr old girl and have suffered from panic attacks social phobia and dissosociation since i was 11. I go to school an hour a day four times a week and find it very difficult because of my severe dissosociation. My mother wont help me anymore because shes done all she can. She just sends me to school everyday with no choice. I come home everyday crying because i dont know what to do. Im not quite sure if its dissosociation or depersonalization. My symptoms are feeling far away from everything

spaced out and i feel out of my body as if im watching someone on a television programme. If i stare at something to long without looking up i get even worse. When i look up because i feel everything is so far away when it really isnt i jump because it looks strange. Can someone tell me if they have the same problems?

Are you sure nothing drastic changed when you were 11? Some event or something?

I've heard of supressed memories causing 'lapses of reality', a time where it feels like an extended deja vu, like you aren't really yourself or you're dreaming for a few minutes when something that reminds you of the event you are surpressing.

If you see a see a psychologist, you might want to ask them about it.

well, phobias are learned responses, so odds are something happened..... no phobia just "is". for example, you aren't born being afraid of dogs, you get bitten when you are young, and you associate danger with a dog, and sometimes its very irrational, which results in a phobia!!

Something could of happened when you were very young and your conscious mind doesnt remember, but your unconscious mind has it ingrained.... thats if it IS a socia phobia..... it possibly could be a dissocitative disorder... however you seem to be way too young for it to be classified as this..... Its onset though IS caused by a traumatic experience in your childhood... so its more than possible....

As for your "spacing" out you describe, that would be depersonalization, it is "semi-normal" and alot of people experience an episode or two, but if its a continual, than ya, its defintly a problem ;;;

I'm an amateur psychologist, so take everything with a grain of salt!!! go see a REAL psychologist!! If those diagonosis are accurate, than you won't be taking any drugs, but your best bet would be to go to a psychoanaylist and try to determine what the cause of all this and for your social phobia, a behavioral psychologist in my opinion would help if its a PHOBIA!! if you're just shy, i think you can work through it

just read that you had seen a psycholgist... according to the DSM, if these things are "distressing" to you, interrupt your regular life and are very persistent, than its classified as a problem..... all psychological problems arent fixed by drugs... if you feel your dissociation is a major problem, look for a psychoanylist.. they hopefully will help you out

Many people have the problems you describe. I don't know what doctors you've been seeing, but they're full of cr*p. You can go through CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), or similar, and it would help you enormously. No drugs involved. I was your age when I went into therapy, and it made a great difference to me. Please speak to your mother, and tell her, "I know you've run out of ideas to help me; can we please find a professional who knows how to do cognitive behaviour therapy?" You're much too young for anyone to give up on you.

CBT is a fantastic therapy for people with dissociation. It will get you back in touch with your feelings, with reality, and give you an opportunity to get to know who you are when you aren't feeling spaced out.

I'm not going to say for certain that you have a dissociative disorder, because it may be something else with dissociative features, but I can promise you, there is help out there for you, and it doesn't have to be drugs. You can even help yourself, to start with:

- accept your feelings; whatever they are, try to identify them and not be afraid of them.

- keep a diary. Write all your thoughts and concerns. This will take some pressure off.

- keep yourself on a regular schedule; get up, eat, and go to sleep at the same time everyday. Your brain is all jumped up on anxiety-oriented hormones, and the structured routine will help protect it.

- defend your safety; do not go places where you can be attacked, or associate with people who are unfriendly, or hurt you.

- create a safe, cheerful environment for yourself -- your room, an attic, even a corner in your house. Make it your place. Put soft blankets, pillows, pretty things and books there.

- if you find it hard to go to sleep, buy some chamomile tea and drink it before you go to bed. Open your window to hear the outdoors, or play a radio, or use a white noise machine, if that helps.

When you start to manage your life, your symptoms will begin to get less and less. It will take time, and you will have to be disciplined about it. But it can work for you. In the meantime try not to worry too much about what is happening to you. Terrible as it may be, it is not the only important thing about you; you are also someone who has talents and intelligence. And remember, other people have dealt with this and worse. You can heal, and I hope you get some help to get you started as soon as possible.