cure for sweaty feet

Not to accuse you of not doing this, but...

WASH like your life depends on it. And once you do, DRY DRY DRY. All the washing in the world won't help if your feet are moist when you put your shoes on. Use an antibacterial foot wash, scrub those toes...

Then, make sure that you change your socks often, and wear only cotton ones, not synthetic! Leave your shoes off as much as you can to provide ventilation. And try to mix up the shoes that you wear so that they have time to air out -- a lot of the smell actually comes from the socks and the shoes, not the feet!

And there are sprays that you can use on your shoes and on your feet to prevent sweating and smells. Look in the store...and I'd opt for a more powdery one -- or else supplement them with a little bit of baby powder...zaps the sweat right out.

well first, it could be the socks you're wearing. try to find socks made from 100% cotton, and not those thin polyester stretchy-type ones (since they tend to make your feet sweat).

another idea is to put baby powder in your socks / on your feet.

for smell, try using a spray-deodorant on your feet.

Personally, I think baby powder and other highly deodorized powders and deodorants have a cloying scent. Mixed with perspiration, it's still an unpleasant odor.

You could try sprinkling corn starch or baking soda in your shoes and socks instead. That would absorb the perspiration and kill the odor, both.

I just realized you are the same member that posted about having excessively sweaty underarms as well. Maybe you have something like over active sweat glands or something. I am not sure how extensive all of your underarm and foot sweating is.

I guess the best you can do is to wash with the anti bacterial soaps and use the deodorants/antiperspirant and powders to help. If it is truly a serious issue for you, ask your doctors opinion.

• 1 month later...