How can you tell just by looking...?

n83

My question is.. If someone is a happy and positive person, how can you tell? If they arent, what gives that away? Is it how they're dressed, their facial expression, how they talk to people, or what? Also, how can one change the vibe they give off, assuming they don't dress like a schlub and look completely outwardly negative..?

Sometimes (or quite often) someone's personality is a hidden gem.

I wear black, get punched/punch people in mosh pits...

...But can't sleep without Chunky and Mr Jungletots at night.

How would you judge me?

Haha

Communication and attitude towards others is often a dead give away.

There's this one girl on my bus and I get really bad, obnoxious vibes off her.

I suppose as the saying goes, you cant judge a book by its cover.

x

Facial expression gives away a lot - Normally.

I say normally because some people like myself actively hide facial expressions in public.

I can be outside talking to someone and I won't show any emotion. It's a defensive thing. Took my GF a while to get the hang of understanding it

Tone of voice is also another give away - again, normally.

Same applies. Some people you can read like a book. Others (like me) who like to be less obvious don't give much away and tend to conceal any emotions towards people.

Doc

Well, in my experience at places where you aren't meant to be overtly social, decent people generally won't judge you flat out by how you look, or by small manuerisms. A positive person would be one who doesn't complain when there is work to be done, takes a busy night as a challenge, or a difficult situation as an obstacle to be overcome - and to approach that obstacle with enthusiam.

If you're in a pub or at college, the time I have spent in these places have told me that it is everything to do with presentation. Speak in an energetic uplift tone, wear happy colors, don't appear to be tired. When you meet someone, meet them with enthusiam. Laugh a lot, and above all don't be timid or reserved, these might show as signs of negativity.