3 years, he finaly comes to see me...but im embarassed..

ok, heres my story, see My friend tyler, who I met on the net, wants to meet me, and Im want to meet him. Now the problem is hes going to stay at my house, my mom doesnt mind, but Im kinda nervous. See my mom doesnt have a lot of money, were not wealthy, and Ill be totaly embarrassed if he comes, and theres like no food or something, like hes used to..and he said he wont come if he cant stay ot my house. cause he doesnt know anyone where I live, so he has to stay with me! and I dont wanna tell him that we might not have loads of food like hes used to! I REALLY dont know what to do! I EXTREMLY want to meet him, its been 3 years, and I just dont know what to do. and I WONT talk to him about it. there has to be a different solutuion?? HELP WANTED!!!!

Wuddle!!

I feel bad about this for you. I know how you feel exactly. What else can you do except prepare him? Just say that things may not be what he is used to. The fact is, he is showing up there, and I think it is better if you have already cleared the air about it. He probably won't even care.

A

part of meeting someone new for the first time is to experience a new environment. Your friend should not expect a luxury hotel environment equipped with a chocolate on the pillow. Material items are just that, material. You should not be embarrassed of your background as he is coming to SEE you, not to JUDGE you.

I don't think you should talk to him about it because I don't think you should worry about it. Obviously you hold him in high regard if you want to meet him, so he might be a bit hurt if you told him you were worried. He may feel as if you view him as some sort of high maitenance snob.

You see, what you are afraid he will think and what he will actually think are two different things. Instead of seeing a non-wealthy family, he will see a hard working mother who is doing her best to provide for her family. I don't think this guy is expecting as much as you think. Enjoy your time with him and stop worrying about things like that. I'm sure the food you have will be enough to quench his appetite. Best wishes.

Hello Wuddle

You sound so genuine by your post here, I'm sure that he is interested in you, not what material things you may or may not have.

After 3 years contact you finally get to embrace !.....I hope you both find what you hoping for, Don't worry....I'm sure he is genuine, just take it as it comes...........Best wishes.....Marty

never be embarrased of wat u have. i was tht way about my house when ppl came over or something but then i realized, why the hell do i care? theyre friends and they care for me , not for wat i serve or where i live.

im sure once he comes over, and gets used to how u live, you wont be so uptight about it. .just be happy hes coming and make plans from now

Goodluck! see ya!