Calling girls...

AvsFan

Well, they have different connotations. Beauty applies to a more universal, classic sort of appeal, whereas hot is more sexual. Really depends on the girl in question: conservative girls who don't wear skirts below the knee and don't wear sleeveless shirts may (possibly, just a thought) find "hot" offensive. Though to many, either one is flattering!

Haha Why?! The same reasons any other guy tries to impress girls. I am single...

Because most girls are not shallow enough to date a guy because he thinks they are hot, beautiful etc etc.

Even if a girl did want to be with you because you said this to her think about it: You will have to maintain a life time of compliments to keep her wiht you. What happens the first time you forget or dont have time to? Yup she moves on to the next.

And listen to your statement above: "the same reason any other guy." Do you really want to be like any other guy? Wouldnt you prefer to be different? Something better than average?

Trust me it doenst work if anything it will make you look creepy and desperate.

I would want my suitor to think, and tell me that he thinks that I am both sexy and beautiful, amongst other less superficial things. Honest and sincere compliments, at least for me, are always well received.

Yes but these are not the reasons you would date him? Whether a suitor says a girl is beautiful, cute cuddly, spells like roses is pretty irrelevant when you first meet him. IF anything trying too hard will scare normal sane self repecting woman away.

To me, it would depend on the man...and if I was interested in him.

Good point!

IF YOU WERE INTERESTED IN HIM.

Its totally irrellevant whether he compliments you or not. What matters is your interest level in him. This is something irrespective of compliments.

Many men think the way to get a girl is to compliment her. It may work for a short while but relationships are not built on compliments.

Good point!

IF YOU WERE INTERESTED IN HIM.

Its totally irrellevant whether he compliments you or not. What matters is your interest level in him. This is something irrespective of compliments.

Many men think the way to get a girl is to compliment her. It may work for a short while but relationships are not built on compliments.

Do girls like it when a guy calls them Hot? It seems sorta rude. I call girls pretty or beautiful... I just wanna know what they like more

The question at hand is whether girls like being called hot, not whether it will win them over. It's a great tangent to follow, but everyone's response seems to be directed towards which they prefer, not over whether it will melt their hearts...

When I answered the thread, I pictured the guy as being someone who I knew, and he wanted to make a move and was perhaps doing that yawn-while-putting-your-arm-around-her bit (whatever cheesy scene you want to envisage), and was in a momentary quandary as to whether to say "hot" or "beautiful." I did not picture some random guy off the street grabbing his crotch and saying, "Hey, you look hot!" while hoping that I'd fall for him based on that poetic one-liner.

When I answered the thread, I pictured the guy as being someone who I knew, and he wanted to make a move and was perhaps doing that yawn-while-putting-your-arm-around-her bit (whatever cheesy scene you want to envisage), and was in a momentary quandary as to whether to say "hot" or "beautiful."

Still I dont see how this is different with what I said earlier. In this case you already like the guy. Again the OP posted saying he wanted know to impress girls jsut like other guys do.

I have said simply compliments are nto necessary for a girl of a sound mind who doesnt need constant reassurance. In fact I find that whether its friends I talk to or other people that, compliments often have the oppostite effect.

From a receiver point of view of course you will say you like them. From the deliverer point of view it gives all your power away as it is now up to the receiver to decide the intention and the value of your compliment.

My point is dont bother with compliments too early on unless is about something the girl has done not the way she is. Complimenting on a girl who you hardly know body is a huge no no.

Haha Why?! The same reasons any other guy tries to impress girls. I am single...

Okay, I can see why you would see the OP is asking about this as a "tool" to get chicks. But even from this post you are not given any context, so there's no reason assume that he hasn't even spoke to the girl previously. You can't really make any assumptions about his particular situation. Anyway, all this is besides the point: it's a general question (from post #1) and merits general responses.

However, as to this:

My point is dont bother with compliments too early on unless is about something the girl has done not the way she is. Complimenting on a girl who you hardly know body is a huge no no.

I absolutely agree!

Well ok... What I mean is that when I am sitting at a party with a bunch of friends. Most of them will see a girl and say "oh man she's so hot". But to me the word "hot" just means... "boneable" lol. Like their only intention would be to get the girl in bed. Me on the other hand... I'll call a girl cute or pretty, and go from there. I guess I'm more of a gentleman...

Well ok... What I mean is that when I am sitting at a party with a bunch of friends. Most of them will see a girl and say "oh man she's so hot". But to me the word "hot" just means... "boneable" lol. Like their only intention would be to get the girl in bed. Me on the other hand... I'll call a girl cute or pretty, and go from there. I guess I'm more of a gentleman...

So your talking abou thow you refer to a girl with your buddies?

If thats the case then it doesnt really matter. Its a bunch of guys sitting around talking about girls. No matter what you say make sure the girls you are referring to are not in earshot.

Yes but these are not the reasons you would date him? Whether a suitor says a girl is beautiful, cute cuddly, spells like roses is pretty irrelevant when you first meet him. IF anything trying too hard will scare normal sane self repecting woman away.

Actually, I happen to find honest men who are both sincere in their words as well as their actions to be irresistibly attractive. Finding these men however, is no easy task.

Actually, I happen to find honest men who are both sincere in their words as well as their actions to be irresistibly attractive. Finding these men however, is no easy task.

So are you talking about a guy like me? Who will be honest about what they say...

So are you talking about a guy like me? Who will be honest about what they say...

Yes I am talking about a guy like you, but I must warn you many women may, or simply do not feel the same way as I do on my particular preference for, and desire to be with honest and sincere men. LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE TO PLAY GAMES! I do too, but I prefer to play Scrabble, chess, or Monopoly instead of playing games with other people's hearts.

Archived