...that's the phrase that's come to mind a few times recently. It seems to happen when some guy expresses interest in me & I determine I have no interest in them. I say something to totally cut them off & as they wimper away I think, "hmmm...slice & dice..."

Wonder if this is a result of recently being hurt & still not being over my ex? Is this a phase I have to go through while working my way back to feeling normal again?

Example one...a guy I dated over a decade ago called me to just say 'hi.' Our story had ended when I broke it off because he constantly assured me that while he enjoyed being with me, I wasn't someone he would ever marry!!! I finally tired of being told, "You're not good enough for the long term...want to go see a movie?" & told him to bug off. Now, over a decade later over coffee he tells me there's not been anyone else like me & he'd like another chance! Ha! It was so my pleasure to tell him with a sweet smile, "No, no...you were right...we weren't meant for each other." He looked stunned. Then I gave him a big hug & walked away thinking, "Slice & dice".

Example 2...met a guy at the grocery store (yes, it was in the produce section) & we ended up chatting in the check-out line enough to exchange #'s. Talked to him several times on the phone throughout the week & picked up on vibes that he's used to women pursuing him. Agreed to meet him for coffee on Sunday morning. Could tell he thought we were starting something...very smug attitude & all kinds of comments about activities we could plan. As we wrapped up coffee I just took so much enjoyment from saying, again sweetly, "Gosh, this has been great...I have to tell you tho, my ex & I talked last night & we've agreed to give things another try. Thanks so much for coffee & hey, have a nice day." His face went from smug assurance to 'what the hell' confusion in the blink of an eye. As I turned and walked away I thought once again, "Slice & dice, baby...slice & dice."

Not proud of it, but it is how I'm feeling. (By way, both these guys were jerks, so maybe it will only come out when I feel I'm dealing with a self-assured womanizer.)

Now if only I could 'slice & dice' the one guy who's turned my world upside down. He's the only one I don't seem to be able to cut out of my life. And I guess every other man I meet for now is going to pay for it. At least I'm aware of it and will try & keep myself 'off the streets' while I'm feeling this way.

It's kind of like knowing you could turn in to a werewolf anytime. When you aren't one you want to warn people to stay away, but when you are one, you're just out for blood.

(OK, now I've just scared myself.)