Hey guys,

If you're at all like me, music is a Godsend. The right stuff can make a huge difference in your attitude. I was wondering what people listen to during their tough times. Here are some bands & songs that I think might help you to mellow out and grab that bittersweet yet cautiously optimistic attitude:

Amos Lee

- Check out his album...this guy is awesome.

The Eagles

- 'One of These Nights', 'Take It Easy' and 'Desperado'.

Matchbox 20

- I think Rob Thomas has gone through a thousand break ups. Mad Season album in particular ('Leave') is worth a listen.

City and Colour

- Newer artist. A little sadder, but might help you through those particularly tough times. Songs like, 'Save your Scissors', 'Comin' Home' and 'Day Old Hate' are good stuff.

Goo Goo Dolls

- These guys have made a career in romantic alternative rock. They can be cheesy, but they're great.

U2

- I don't know where to start with U2. Just... everything.

Also...learn to laugh. Grab some Dane Cook or something. The guy will brighten your day for a few hours at least.

eek, i can't get into music in the months after a breakup. if i listen to anything new, it will forevermore remind me of being totally depressed and lovesick. if it's an old favorite, then it's ruined because the whole thing becomes colored by the emotions i'm feeling during the breakup. or worse, sometimes the old stuff reminds me of good times in the relationship. uggggghhhh.

maybe i'm weird...

Anything Mariah Carey, she's helped me out through so many different situations throughout my life (I especially love her song Reflections).

"U Got It Bad" by Usher, I've always loved that song!

"Only U" by Ashanti, from the first time I heard it I've been obsessed, still am and it's more than a year later!

Certain songs by Shakira (Don't Bother, Objection (Tango), Underneath Your Clothes, Hips Don't Lie, La Tortura)...alot of her songs have helped me out lately.

System Of A Down, mostly their songs Roulette, B.Y.O.B., Aerials, Prison Song....alot of others too.

"Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake, that songs means alot to me on many levels, it's a good song to let my anger out to.

"My Sacrifice" by Creed, always felt something strongly towards that song and many others of theres (With Arms Wide Open, What's This Life For, One, etc etc)

"Young Love" by Chris Brown, it means alot to me at the moment

Anything by Outkast, they make me happy!

"Scream" by Michael Jackson ft. Janet Jackson, I listen to that song whenever I feel totally betrayed/hurt, love it so much!

"If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys, adore the song so so so much! Calms me down.

"No Promises" by Shayne Ward, I grow closer to it everytime I listen to it.

Joyce1412, you are not weird, me either, not for months.

I feel the same exact way you do.

In fact I don't even turn on the stereo in the car, AT ALL. And I love music, I really do! Thats when i will know for sure I am healing, when I can listen to music again

i know, i'm a big music lover. it sucks. but i already have enough things to remind me of my ex...i don't need more!

wow...i never thought that the songs that used to make me feel so happy and nostalgic about my ex would one day make me feel so badly...