When girls act cold and standoffish at a small gathering

Yesterday, my friends were discussing some girls they met at different church events. My best friend talked about how he attended this gathering of a dozen church members at this bar. He complained about how two of the girls in the gathering were extremely cold and standoffish. What's weird is that those girls took the time to attend a small church social, yet they made no effort to socialize with the guys in the group. Why did those girls attend the social in the first place if they didn't want to talk to the guys in the group?

This is a common occurrence with the social events associated with that church. It's one thing if some random guy was hitting on those girls in the bar. But it's another thing to act cold toward guys who are part of your church group.

This other guy talked about how he experienced something similar when he attended this church singles party that had a pricey registration fee. Some of the girls there paid a lot of money to blow off guys at the party.

This other guy talked about how he experienced something similar when he attended this church singles party that had a pricey registration fee. Some of the girls there paid a lot of money to blow off guys at the party.

NOWAY!! Let me be the first to tell you its got nothing to do with money!=;

I myself have issues when I go to church socials (Im made to go by parents or friends), I dont like showing people who I really am at church events due to the fact that everyone likes to GOSSIP! You cant say 'no, thats not true' either because you just proved you did gossip about those girls, now imagine if they did something wrong!

Seriously, Its a comfort thing, many people dont get comfortable in situations as such, it could be because of reputation or it could be of a previous problem. Dont be so quick to judge

The only explanation I could give my friends was that maybe those girls only wanted to talk to guys that they were physically attracted to. That's the only thing that I could come up with.

But isn't a church social supposed to provide an opportunity to meet other people in the church, not just those people that you find physically attracted? Then again, it's possible that those girls were just shy and introverted.

• 4 weeks later...