25 stitches

Last night I was driven by a friend to the ER because I was scared that I had cut too deep. Turns out that three of my cuts were really bad and required stitching. I got 25 stitches all together. I have never cut this bad before.

My mom was like freaking out telling me that she hopes it scared me so that I won't do it again.

Here's my problem... no one has ever cared for me the way my friend's mom did when she drove me to the ER. No one has ever taken care of me the way the doctor did when he was stitching me up. It seemed like people cared, and I liked it. Is that really effed up? I don't think it was the attention that I liked, becuase I don't cut for attention. But... I don't know. I guess if I had to do it all over I'd still do it.

Maybe I did learn a lesson? I don't know.

-dyxy

If you had to do it all over again, you would still do it then it doesn't seem you learned a lesson...especially since you liked that attention. I bet your mom did care, or else she probably wouldn't have freaked out and hopes you never do it again...she may just not be able to show her emotions the way you need/want her to.

I think you need to talk to a professional, especially if you cut so bad that you needed stitches. Talking to them isn't a bad thing, a lot of people do!

dyxy - I'm glad you feel good about the attention you got and I'm glad you feel something different about the whole thing - different enough to say you think you maybe learned a lesson.

People do care - there will probably always be someone who does.

I do agree you may need some other help outside of the physical help a medical Dr can offer.

Hi dyxy!

Welcome to eNotAlone!

Here's my problem... no one has ever cared for me the way my friend's mom did when she drove me to the ER. No one has ever taken care of me the way the doctor did when he was stitching me up. It seemed like people cared, and I liked it.

Not bad, your body is as almost as tough as terminator!

You miss to be loved and understood and cared for.

Please remember that people who care about also hurt when you hurt yourself!

Please tell us more about your life, your family, what hurt and angers you.

We always are here to listen!