ex is leaving town - why do i still care?

found out yesterday that my ex is leaving work. can mean only one thing - he got into university. he will be going to stirling which is an hour away which i know doesnt sound that far but he lives 20 mins away from me at the moment.

a part of me died when i heard that. i coudnt understand why despite all that happened between us. my stomach did a sumersault when i heard his name get mentioned by my cousin and she informed me of it. i wish she hadnt.

sat there in a daze afterwards, went over our relationship once more. i wish i wasnt feeling like this. i wish i could just forget. he is enjoying his life with his gf and now he is going away to university. i am sitting here pining over him still. grrrrrr i wish it wasnt like this.

Hey lilac,

It's normal to feel this way. No matter what you hear about the ex, it's mostly upsetting either way. Look at the bright side. You will have a much lesser risk to run into him unexpectedly. You won't forget things about your relationship, but the memory will fade and replaced by more pleasant thoughts. I promise you that!

What are your plans for after the summer?

Take care,

Ilse

thanks ilse.

i hope what you say comes true. i honestly cant cope with these memories.

i am going into my fourth year at university in september. i hope i will do better than i did in my third. i am going to try and look for a job as i havent had one since february. had to quit cause my ex works there too.

thanks for your support ilse