reading it all wrong

wild1

I posted here a few months ago about a guy I like at work, how I was going to take it slow and get to know him better and see if things would fizzle out and he would be just a good friend. However, we are getting to know each other pretty good. A couple of weeks ago he was doing some things for me and he called me on the phone and said, "what do I get for doing all this extra things for you, dinner?" and I thought he was joking(maybe he was??) and I joked around with him and then he said he was just teasing, but I told him I would buy him lunch, which we had lunch together the next day. Things going pretty good it seems. We had a get together a couple of weeks ago and I asked if he was going and he said nah, then asked if I was going and I told him I'm not sure. Later I emailed him and joked about him not going and then he said he was and gave me his number to call him later, which I did to see if he was still going, and he said he would call me when he was on his way. When he got there he came and stood right behind my chair and then when we were getting ready to leave at first he led the way and then he hung back when he realized I was at the back and then we let everyone else walk a decent distance infront of us so we could get a chance to talk alone, but then the group waited up for us. Since then he has bought me lunch at work and both have admitted to one another that we find each other pretty attractive, and we spent lunch together yesterday and I noticed he was hanging around me a little bit more than usual. He was leaving for a long weekend, so I guess that is why he did it. Here is the problem.....he hasn't asked me out yet!!! What could be the reason why he hasn't. Is he not into me? I mean to me the things mentioned above are pretty good signs, and they aren't even all of them. Am I wrong about reading these? I'm trying to take it slow but my goodness!!!!