Seinfeld & EX-relationships

Do any of you watch Seinfeld or any movie that deals with break ups and sometimes relate it to you. Sometimes watching Seinfeld and seeing how they deal with breakups or exs can make one feel warm but also feel cold.

The relationship of Jerry/Elaine is the one that kills me! They are the reason that makes us hopeful to have a warm friendship with the EX, but in reality can it ever be? why is that so. Yeah I wish I could be an Elaine to my EX and pop up into his apartment for advice or talk about things like friends.

Here are some funny moments from Seinfeld that deal with break-ups/ex relationship that you might relate to and hopefully it can bring a smile to you.

In the episode titled "Ex-girlfriend" George dumped his girlfriend because he felt that she was getting too emotional attached and was constantly harrasing him. In a scene George and Jerry are in the car talking about the break Up:

GEORGE: She can't kill me right?!

JERRY: No, of course not.

GEORGE: People break up all the time.

JERRY: Everyday.

GEORGE: It just didn't work out. What can I do? I wanted to love her. I tried to love her. I couldn't.

JERRY: You tried

Another episode that deals with breakups is when George gets dumped with the famous line "Its not you its me". In the episode The Lip Reader:

Gwen: I'm sorry George.

George: I don't understand things were going so great. What happened? Something must have happened.

Gwen: It's not you, it's me.

George: You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me". Nobody tells me it's them not me, if it's anybody it's me.

Gwen: All right, George, it's you.

George: You're *damn* right it's me.

My favorite part of that Lip Reader episode is when George/Elaine/Jerry are in the apartment contemplating what George should do about a party that both George and Gwen were both invited and expected to go to:

Elaine: So I guess you're not going to Todd's party on Friday.

George: Well I can't now, Gwen's going to be there.

Kramer: Well she should be the one that shouldn't go.

Jerry: Well if a couple breaks up and have plans to go to a neutral place, who withdraws? What's the ettiquite?

Kramer: Excellent question.

Jerry: I think she should withdraw. She's the breaker, he's the breakee. He needs to get on with his life.

Elaine: I beg to differ.

Jerry: Really.

Elaine: He's the *loser*. She's the victor. To the victor belong the spoils.

Well anyone knows more funny episodes that deals with breakups or any other show that helps you cope with your relationship, let us know!

Hope you enjoy

Well anyone knows more funny episodes that deals with breakups or any other show that helps you cope with your relationship, let us know!

Hope you enjoy

I don't know any because I've never actually watched a full episode of Seinfeld before...but those mentioned above made me want to start! Those were funny, made me smile. Thanks

The Jerry/Elaine relationship is possible!! I have it with my ex! We were together for 5 years and broke up because we wanted different things. I wanted marriage, but he doesn't feel like he'll ever want to get married. We were really better friends than lovers anyways.

We're roommates now. He's one of the few people I trust with my dogs. And it works out, because he watches my dogs on the weekends, so I can stay at my BF's house. I made sure my BF knows that he's my #1 man. If he ever told me he has a problem with me living with my ex, I'd tell Jim he has to find another place to live. I'd feel bad, but as great of friends as we are, I'll never put him ahead of my "Sugar"! When my BF and I briefly broke up a while back, it was my ex who I asked for advice about men! And he asks me how to hook up with chicks. There is NO sexual chemistry between us anymore, and no hurt feelings. We just weren't right for each other.

I'm not sure what the key is to getting this kind of friendship with an ex. I wish I knew! All I know is, I can't really imagine him not in my life. He's a true friend and I trust him with my life!