Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me, i usually get my period around the 18th of the month. I got it last month that date too and finished on the 22nd july. For some reason, i felt heavy discharge today. When i got to the loo, i realised that its a lot of brown thick discharge. I had my period nearly 2 weeks ago and not due till the 18th again. Can anyone tell me what this is and maybe why i have it? Has anyone else ever got it? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me, i usually get my period around the 18th of the month. I got it last month that date too and finished on the 22nd july. For some reason, i felt heavy discharge today. When i got to the loo, i realised that its a lot of brown thick discharge. I had my period nearly 2 weeks ago and not due till the 18th again. Can anyone tell me what this is and maybe why i have it? Has anyone else ever got it? Thanks!

Have you had any changes in health or medication lately?

Discharge (even unusual that has not happened before) is not uncommon time to time. As it was brown, it would mean it is older blood, perhaps blood that had pooled in your cervix during your last period and was discharged when you ovulated (you have more secretions around that time) with that extra cervical mucous.

I really would not worry about it at this point to be honest unless it is accompanied by any bad cramping, excess bleeding, or general feelings of poor health.