Well I have quite a decision to make here, and I need some advice from someone else to help me out a little. Heres the deal....I have been graduated for about a year now. Where I live job opportunities are worthless...you have to know someone to get a job. Its a small town. I want to save up and go to college for music,but I dont see that happening where I live. My parents want me to go back to community college down here,im not really feeling that. Something else has came my way. My best friend lives about 3 hrs away from me in Fredrick,MD. Him and his roomates are getting an new place and I could move in with them. Along with that I could have a job right when I get there. I really like the area up there. I actually feel like im living life,but when I come back home I feel like im not doing anything. I dont think my parents would be too fond of the idea of me moving out, but its a step in life I want to take. Sure it scares me a little bit that I will actually be making a step in my life,but I think it will help me out in the long run. What do you all think?

What would you most regret? Leaving or staying? What set of actions is more likely to bring you closer to achieving your long term goals?

The things we usually regret most in life are the things we're too afraid to try. I'm originally from a small town and believe me it will be there if you ever decide to move back. If you stay to make your parents happy, you might regret passing up on a great opportunity that would give you a safe, fun way to launch yourself into adulthood.

What are the consequences if you not taking this risk? It provides with a step up in life and a good oppurtunity to do something with it. Do you really regret not being able to leave home and join your friends? If is something you really want to do, than go for it. If worse comes to worse, you could always do community for at least 2 years and get an associates degree in something and do something with that.