Hey Everyone,

There's this girl I had my first crush on, never really totally acted on it. Then I gave up and decided to stay friends with. We each went to study college in different states. But strangely enough I learned more through the emails we exchanged while being away then during the five years during which we were classmates. I feel I got closer to her while being farther away from each other. Right now it's summer we're both home, she's leaving in two days for vacation. I tried to see her today but I got there 30mns late and she had already left. I talked to her later on the phone and apologized. I care a lot about that girl but I don't know how much she does about me. or even if she does at all... I want to see her because if I don't get to see her soon, I might not get the chance for another 4-5 months. She told me she'd be packing all day tomorrow, which to me seems like a little too much. hmm... It makes me wonder if she's mad at me, or it doesn't really matters to her...

The thing is that lately, I have given too much value to many friendships and those people haven't responded properly. I just don't want to find myself anymore caring much more about someone than they do about me.

I'd be glad to receive any advice...

Hey there BlueCoconut!

Maybe you've grown to liking this girl more being farther away b/c of the old saying "absense makes the heart grow fonder." It's hard to have any relationship...whether it's a family member, a friend, or a partner/bf/gf... that is long distant. Don't give up hope b/c she may like you...there's always a chance. Sometimes packing does take all day I've packed very many times in my life. Remember, she's a girl she may pack a lot more things for vacation than you would. Just ask her once politely if you can just come by for a little while tomorrow when she takes a break from packing. She HAS to take a break at some point. Calm down about the situation b/c everything will work out the way it's supposed to in the end. Good luck!