Lost Communication Phase - How Long Does it Take?

Has anyone experienced a phase in a certain friendship where your friend has "lost interest" in talking to you and has gone through a phase of not wanting to communicate with the person? Or, have you been the friend who has "lost interest" in talking with the other person and has gone through a phase of not wanting to communicate with you?

How long, on average, does it take until the other person regained interest? Do you think that not talking with your friend or being pushy will help or worsen the situation?

It's definitely happened to me. the first time it happened with a really close friend and it hurt a lot. Even tho he stopped calling me I would always see him in class and we would sit and talk from time to time, eat lunch from time to time, like always but It took a couple months before we talked about it. Basically, sometimes people need space. They meet someone, begin a relationship, start a new job, take on a difficult course, and their daily routines and thereforeeee their conversation inspiration changes. I know for sure that not he or any of my other friends who have done that had had anything personal against me, it was about them, they just needed their space. and sometimes things are just what they are and sometimes all they really need is just space. What I did is that I learned and understood that and everytime one of my friends went through that phase (or even myself) I would just wait it out, go by my regular life, make new friends, etc. and give them that space. Eventually they would call back and it would feel as if we never stopped talking. I have friends till this day who I've been so close to that we would speak everyday, but now, we speak every once and a while, but the thing is, they know I understand and dont stress it. since they know taht, they are not afraid to call when they do feel like calling, they dont' avoid me when they need me, and they dont feel judged. In turn, u may not speak as often, but u get to keep ur friend for years.....

hope this helps.

I'd love to hear people's responses to this, this is something that's been a problem for me for ages, with a lot of people. For me, a lot of the time, things never got better, and me and my friend only drifted apart.

Me too and I think it's my issue. As a child/youth I had lot's of "mentors" 15-30 years older than me.

Business/work is another matter but beyond that I can't connect with men or stay connected for very long.

I connect well with women but this is difficult as the connection may endup too close, more so from the woman's side and that this does interfere with the relationship.