question for the guys mainly

a friend of mine recently met a guy that she works with. he is 19 and in college and shes 16, going on 17 next month and a senior in high school. She has a myspace that says she is 17 going on 18 so her new interest thinks she is almost 18. Now, she hasnt told him any different because she thinks that he would feel differently about her because she wasnt technically legal. Is it going to just make it worse if she continues to see him and they get close and she doesnt tell him for a long time into the relationship? Would this be a big deal for guys?

Opinions?

Well it is sort of starting a relationship based on a lie. The legality issue...I won't comment except IMHO legal and moral are often at issue with each other...but of course his situation could be compromised.

If it were me, I'd be concerned about the lie when it came to light.

I do not think she should mislead him on her age. It might be a big deal to some guys and to others it might not.

I am not absolutely certain, and you would have to verify this, but I think in NY the age of sexual consent is 17. Your friend will be 17 next month. If the age 17 is correct for consent , then I do not think there would have to be a worry about anything.

However she does need to come clean about her true age. Does your friend live in the state of NY also? A couple of sites below on age of consent.

link removed

link removed

I think she should tell him her real age.

I had a guy lie to me about his age on the first date - it came out when we were at a restaurant and I ordered some beer (I was 22, it turned out he was 20). he told me then that he wasn't 21 yet (unlike he told me before). I though it was kind of stupid he didn't just tell me because eventually, I would have found out.

this guy will eventually find out also, she should tell him.

I remember when I was in high school, I got off the bus, and a very handsome man in a suit ran off the bus to catch up with me and said, "you are beautiful, are you single?" I said, "yes, but I'm 17." He just ran the other direction! just "bye!" and he ran away!

I think that should tell you that many guys aren't into jailbait.

I remember when I was in high school, I got off the bus, and a very handsome man in a suit ran off the bus to catch up with me and said, "you are beautiful, are you single?" I said, "yes, but I'm 17." He just ran the other direction! just "bye!" and he ran away!

I think that should tell you that many guys aren't into jailbait.

I need to get tips from that guy. He's got balls.