Telling Parents??? Question for guys...?

OK....so I have been 'seeing' this guy for a while now, and my questions is wether or not it's a good sign that he hasn't told his parents yet about me/us? He's from a different country so that may play a part in it I'm not sure....but I just feel a little unimportant because he hasn't told them yet...last night we were having a convo and because his dad walked in the room, he just stopped talking(msn). Also he is wary of me calling him because he hasn't told his parent yet. He calls me, and we text eachother and talk alot in person and on msn....and maybe I"m making a big deal out of it. But doesn't that mean he's not really taking me seriously if he won't tell them, or hasn't yet?

What do you think???

^^^^^ what they said ^^^^^

And as for not telling parents in general. Sometimes us guys just get embarased telling them (I know I do). I end up keeping it a secret for as long as I can. But I don't take the girl any less seriousely.

I know in my case, my parents are just sooo embarasing and ask me lots of questions, and are also very old fationed in their beliefs so basically. I find the relationship much morerewarding if they don't know.

The only reason my parents know of my presant girlfriend, was I was driving about 20 miles there and 20 miles back twice a week to see a girl when I see all my other friends who live similar distances away about once a month. But for about a month they believed she was my friend. So really I don't think it is a biggy.

Jon

Thanks for your responses.....I feel bad now because I was a little mad with him for this reason, and confronted him today and he said exactly what you said JOn (that he didn't want to answer all his parent's questions) and that he is shy and he's going to tell them when he gets back. His parents are also old fashioned. ALso he's going back to his country (Serbia) for 6 weeks and we are going to become 'official' once he gets back....and he said he would tell his parents then. I feel bad for pressuring him now, or for even having been bothered by this. I shouldn't have doubted him, but I'm glad I asked anyway so that I know it wasn't me lol I have read posts where the guy not telling has been a bad sign, but your posts have reassured me as well thank you