I'm starting to no longer care if we get back together or not.

As some of you may or may not know, I'll be seeing my ex on the 8th. When she first said yes, I was extremely happy, but now that a week has passed, my excitement has faded, and I kind of feel like I don't care whether we get back together or not. Part of me still wants to, because of how much I loved her, and I still love and care about her quite a bit, but I tend to think that if we don't get back together, it won't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Maybe it's because things are going so well with the girl I met in late May (we're going out tomorrow to see Superman, actually), but I can't really say for sure. Time is a very strange thing, to say the least.

time does work wonders, the thing is, that if you really don't care if you get back together or not, that will be communicated through your body language and speech, making you seem confident and not needy. Which is a good thing, putting you in control of the situation and not your ex.

Just give it a try i guess, be carefull tho , only put love and light into the relationship on a continues basis, small arguments can be like a viper under the grass bite you and poison the relationship and lead to a big break ups. You don't want to put darkness and hatred into the relationship, you see a relationship is all about being together and letting eachother be able to do their own thing.

Hope things work out for you.

As some of you may or may not know, I'll be seeing my ex on the 8th. When she first said yes, I was extremely happy, but now that a week has passed, my excitement has faded, and I kind of feel like I don't care whether we get back together or not. Part of me still wants to, because of how much I loved her, and I still love and care about her quite a bit, but I tend to think that if we don't get back together, it won't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Maybe it's because things are going so well with the girl I met in late May (we're going out tomorrow to see Superman, actually), but I can't really say for sure. Time is a very strange thing, to say the least.

Im sorry, I missed the break up part of the story. Why did you two break up? It's rather strange that you're pursuing another relationship, while trying to reconcile with your ex. I would suggest you take a good look before you leap back into it. I know Im the one who's usually saying "get back together", but if your excited about another girl, that says alot.

I'm feeling the same at the moment and I thought that would never happen. I have several friends who have been able to make me take a look at myself and whom always give me conpliments and care - both males and females.

I think one of the hardest things is realising that just because THE EX doesnt find you sexy or want you in their life intimatley any longer - it does not mean that others do not or will not in the future. I have struggled with this for 10 months now and have felt so ugly, unattractive and aweful, all because my ex left me because he thought of me only as a friend. My self esteem was shot even though I know I am far from ugly and unattractive.

It's when I finally started to feel good about myself and LISTEN to what my male and female friends were saying (eg, you are sexy, funny, desirable etc) that things began to change for me. It's amazing how we focus ALL our feelings of self-worth after a major break-up on whether the 'ex' wants us or finds us sexy. And anyone else who tells us we are doesnt seem to matter. Terrible.

But I'm now getting to the point where my confidence that I am worth having is returning. I believe this is why its starting to feel better for me and I'm not thinking about the ex so much.