friend, guy, lying

the guy im in love with knew that one of my good friends bf's (who is his good friend) had lied to her, saying that he hadnt called her a bi*** when he had. my guy even saved his friends butt by telling my friend that her bf hadnt really said anything and that he had just made it up. so this ended in my friend hating my guy and trying to beat him up. (imagine it 4'11" girl with 5'6" guy LOL) anyway, it was bugging me really bad that her bf had got away with this, so despite what my guy told me to do, i told my friend what had really happened. she got mad at her bf for a minute (without saying anything to him about it) then started feeling bad that she had slapped and hit an innocent guy and then told me that if anything like that happens i should tell her immedietly. so i thought the situation was over, but then i talked to my guy and he asked me straight out if i told my friend. i lied and said no. he told me not to tell her, and i know if he finds out i told her he wont trust me anymore. i felt like it was the right thing to do, but now i feel bad cuz i lied to my guy and we have sweared that we wont lie to each other....(sorry this was so long)

Oh hun...the only advice I think that anyone will be able to give you is to come clean and soon. The longer you leave it the more likely it will come up eventually and then your b/f will be really mad.

Just sit him down and tell him that it just slipped out but that your friends was now ok about it.

But tell him, because of the reasons above and also because you will be on tender hooks for a long time until everything is cleared up and is it really a secret worth making yourself ill over.

Tell him, we will be here for ya!

sabena is correct. Honesty is the best policy. Lying to someone is a betrayal of trust. It hurts, but if you show honest remorse for your actions and explain the situation to him. He will understand, this isn't really that bad of a situation. Hopefully you will learn what lessons you can from this and move on.

If you feel you made the right choice then be happy that you had the strength to follow through in your convictions.

"If you plant a lie in your path and nurture it, it will grow into a mighty tree. Good for the view, bad for the path."