Trying my hardest, but it doesn't seem to be working

Have you ever believed that you were with the one person in your life that you could be completely content with. You knew that your love for them was unconditional in every way. You would have done anything it took to insure this person's happiness in life. That you loved this one individual more then life itself. Then out of absolutely nowhere and with an insufficient reasoning, your world gets turned upside down.

I am wondering aimlessly trying my best to understand and move on with what i must to for myself. However, it is effecting my every thought and motion that i must go through in everyday life. I understand the fact that time does heal. But what do you do when you know the other person has made the mistake of their life?

I just need some advice...

hello, and I feel for you right now, I really do..because its just happened to me.

How did I feel? Well a week ago I was devastated that just totally amazed and dumbstruck...now, I feel that I cannot be held responsible for the stupidity of others. I never think "oh its his loss" I just feel sad.

Sometimes too, just like you it happens totally out of nothing...boom...and sometimes we never get to find out the real reason why, and maybe that's a good thing.

I would like to give you lots of advice, and if you come on here everyday I will start to do that. But right now, I think that you need to take it easy, hour by hour...try not to work things over in your head, and when you do, get out of the house and go for a walk around the block.

Gather your friends about you, but only the ones that you know truly love and care for you. My friends over the last 3-4 weeks have constantly hugged me and told me they love me, so I have no doubts that I am a well loved person, and they knew I needed that reassurance of being a human being who can be loved.

But you need them right now, you need your family too and in another week or two maybe thoughts and reasons as to why will start to filter through because you will be thinking in a different way then...

Just take it slow, dont feel embarrassed if you cry every 10 secs or feel anxious, of course you will and we will be here to help you through this.

I also have just been through this.

There is nothing any of us can say that will make it easier, because nothing anyone said to me made it easier. You and I both know time is whats required. Go out with your friends, occupy yourself as best you can and try not to have too much time to sit and think.

Do not contact this girl again, at least until you have healed. If your like me you will still love her a few months down the line, but you will be able to move on as well.

Best of luck to you mate

Well, when situations like these happens, CLOSURE is very important. You cannot leave a relationship when no proper answers are given.

You may get over it after awhile, then again, this issue will return to haunt you after some time. You will wonder about many things, of which the biggest thorn would be "why did it happen?". To prevent any long term worry or damage to your emotional health, seek him/her out and thrash things out. Talk it out.

The relationship may be over, but at least...let it end with both parties having a clear idea of the recent proceedings. All the best and be strong.