can a doctor tell?

im not sexually active or planning on becoming so anytime soon, but ive been wondering, can a doctor tell if you're not a virgin by looking at you physically? i don't know why im wanting to know this lol. i just thought of it and im curious. p.s. how do you get ur status on here to go up? (im a member now, i was a novice. does it go up with ur # of posts, how long you've been registered or what?) thanks!

iwish i knew that but they really dont know they can only ask you as far as im concerned..i am 19 they ask you...they only know if you been sexual active if there has been a crime invloved so i doubt just for a physicall or a regular check up they have no clue.....see ya i think i am right frome experience...hope i helped see ya..someone might agree with me which i think would happen soon... later shorty

Well as for getting your rank up. The number of posts is how you increase it

0-9 = novice

10-99 = member

100-299 = junior

And so on... This information and more is available through the member's lounge.

Anyways, on to your question. The doctor CAN tell if you're are a virgin. A virgin has a piece of skin inside the vagina called the hymen. This thin membrane covers most of the inner vagina creating a sort of wall between the opening and the cervix. This wall is however not complete (this is how blood escapes during menstruation). When virgins have sex for the first time and complain about pain, it is usually because they tore the hymen.

That being said, not all virgins having sex for the first time are hurt. Sometimes the hymen can be torn by fingering and other things prior to intercourse.

So generally the doctor can tell if you are a virgin or not. I hope this answered your question.

crookster_man, thanks. i thought id heard that before, but wasnt sure. but if a girl used a tampon or like u said a guy fingered her etc, then a doctor wouldnt be able to discern one of these from having had sex, would he? (as long as the girl wasn't pregnant etc.)

That's correct, the doctor can't tell how they hymen was broken. He can only tell that it has been torn. This has been a problem in the past. So in reality, there is no conclusive way to tell if a girl is a virgin, other then the hymen being intact. If it's broken, it could mean many things.

Oh yea, tampons don't usually break the hymen. It's further back then the tampon reaches, plus it doesn't tear it since it is soft material (the tampon).

actually the tampon is inserted through the hymen. The hymen sits in the opening of the vagina right at the base of the labia minora (the inner pink lips). Most girls break their hymen through sports or even horseback riding, and it's impossible to tell if a girl has had intercourse unless it has rendered tears in the vaginal wall.

image removed