Not Really Important, Heck My Hopes Aren't Even Up, but if you're interested...

as the title reads this is just a little something, i was crushing on this girl about 1-2 months ago, and i wanted to possibly know each other better and maybe get closer in the future, she said i was a really great friend, but didn't want to become closer than that, and i usually had to start conversations with her, but now she'll start talking to me first, and just today out of nowhere she sent me an email it was nothing, she said we haven't talked to each other for a while, and she wanted to know how baseball was going, and that was it, because she was going to a movie tonight with her lady friends, i know this is nothing, but just thought i'd share my thoughts, thanks.

she said i was a really great friend, but didn't want to become closer than that,

I would just stick with that unless she says things have changed. I've changed my mind in the past about guys who've been persistent (twice, and successfully, too). So it can happen. But I'm not saying you should persist in trying to get a relationship. You don't wanna get your hopes up too much. Either she'll change her mind or she won't.

sounds to me like she's trying to let you know she was serious about being your friend and that just because you've made it known how you feel, that's not going to deter her from being friendly.

I agree with Teddy I too have caved with persistance...I say be her friend for as long as you can stand or until she caves, which ever comes first.