Summer's here, basically, for me. It's like 2 more official school days, then no more school, just the graduation ceremony like a week from now. I've been feeling kinda down of how unfulfilled I feel. Like how I think I've wasted my youth... Perhaps it's not too late yet to be young for me after all... I would like to meet people over the summer or something. You know? I don't want to wait till summer's over to finally start socializing again... Any suggestions to what I could do to meet more people in my age group? Both girls and guys...

man i wish i had 2 days of school left, but then again i'm a freshman, but we're still goin till june 5th! but my friends and i, we go out n just check parties from all over the state, we goin on cross-state trips every summer, but my sophmore summer, we are planning a cross-country trip, but i'd say just go out, party, go to baseball/softball games from all over, find people through friends, that's what i'd do

Stinky, you are still quite young! So you're actually still in the midst of your youth....Hellooo! Man when I was your age I'd be either at a party getting plenty drunk, or off on a roadtrip, or boating, or fishing, or camping with a big group of friends...and getting plenty drunk...oh wait a minute that was actually last week.....but anyway....go off have fun..... thats what life's about. Ooops wait, that's right you're not legal. What I meant to say is underage drinking is a bad bad thing... Go out and find a way to have fun anyway!

Stinky, you are still quite young! So you're actually still in the midst of your youth....Hellooo! Man when I was your age I'd be either at a party getting plenty drunk, or off on a roadtrip, or boating, or fishing, or camping with a big group of friends...and getting plenty drunk...oh wait a minute that was actually last week.....but anyway....go off have fun..... thats what life's about. Ooops wait, that's right you're not legal. What I meant to say is underage drinking is a bad bad thing... Go out and find a way to have fun anyway!

man i wish i had 2 days of school left, but then again i'm a freshman, but we're still goin till june 5th! but my friends and i, we go out n just check parties from all over the state, we goin on cross-state trips every summer, but my sophmore summer, we are planning a cross-country trip, but i'd say just go out, party, go to baseball/softball games from all over, find people through friends, that's what i'd do

Well, I'm not really into drinking, except when it's like a special occasion, you know? Like new year's eve? (yep, my parents do let me drink... They wouldn't tolerate me getting drunk, but they don't care if I drink in moderation... I just don't find it as exciting as the rest of the people) Plus, I haven't been to a real party since I was like 13, lol. But for the rest, man I'd love to spend time with my friends and to meet more people through them. But it's just that the few friends I've got left... I'm like "Seriously, I think we should hang out this friday" and they think it's a joke or something, and they just don't want to... I think maybe it's because some of them are gonna join the marines and stuff... So these last 4 or so months they've been real serious and stuff... I know I'd be if I knew I was going to be shipped to Iraq less than a month from now. And I mean, things have changed so much... I remember about like 6 months ago we were all "yeah, let's go on a road trip right after we graduate!". Now, I remind them and they don't care anymore. I'd try to make new friends, but I don't know where I could meet more people about my age... And outside of school, I pretty much don't know anybody my age. So, it sucks... It just feels like my youth is over. I mean, about 3 months from now, it'll be time to get serious and study study study like I mean it... But I guess till then, I still got the right to be young, right? That's why this matters so much to me...

I'd definitely hang out with you this summer if it wasn't for geography, I think you're dope. (Where did that come from? I meant..cool)

Get a part time job? I think I should do something similar. I don't think we should have any spare time to think, it just makes things more confusing!

Hey, thank you I feel flattered. I could try the job thing... And what you said about the spare time is SOOOOO TRUE!! It's the reason I used to love it when me and my friends would go out and just have fun... I would forget all about my worries, all about everything that would ruin my day.... In fact, this is the reason I wish school wasn't over... Even during a school day I get plenty of chances to start thinking about things. Imagine if I were to just hang out at home all day? Ugh... And for the record, I think you're awesome too. And I gotta admit I admire you for saying this:

I'll have been through art school and working as a penniless, starving but hopefully fulfilled artist.

Seriously, had I the guts to just go by my true passion unafraid of being penniless (which I care about mostly because of my parents... I don't wanna let them down, and I know what they'd think if I turned out that way... sometimes i wish I dind't care about what they think...), and I think I'd be much more happy...

There I go again, thinking! I think I need some serious partying after all...

I'm like "Seriously, I think we should hang out this friday" and they think it's a joke or something, and they just don't want to...

Yeah, times like that come and go in my life too, and I agree, it sucks. Because I'm usually up for having fun...and think how much worse it is when every last one of your friends becomes a mother...at 18...and you really, really don't want to hang out at chuck E cheese.....

That's kinda how I feel... I mean, I think they're just probably getting mentally ready or something... It's what I suspect. It kinda feels like we're not really friends anymore... I can tell they care about the friendship, because we took pictures and we want to remember. But, really, they're going off to war pretty soon... So in a sense it's like we're no longer REALLY friends... I need to meet more people. I've had horrible social skills all my life, only quite recently did it get better... I don't want it to get horrible again...

well we have a camp ground where i live even if it is 1500 people but there are always people there every weekend and it's a great place to meet new ladies and hell even some just all around cool people, but if you're not a drinker don't drink, i still go to parties even if i am surrounded by it, i don't drink, because it is against my religious beliefs, but if you have any sort of connections to any other schools i'd go hang out with them in there own town

Well, I'm not into drinking either... I don't really know anyone from other schools, because in my area, there's only 1 high school.. I mean, the other closest high schools are pretty far away. I'm bored out of my mind right this moment... And on the verge of getting depressed again at how my days seem to be such a waste, at how I haven't improved a little. You'd think that after all I've said about me wasting my youth away, I'd be right now up and socializing, or hanging out with my friends... no can do... I've been home all day today...