It is hard, can it still work?

As I read all the other posts, I see that most of the relationships are 1-1.5 hour drives away, but mine is a 4 hour drive, a 8 hour boat ride, then another hour drive, so all together its 13 hours apart, its extreme I know but I love him.

We've known each other from the beginning, that first day of kindergarden, grow up together since that day, faced our fears together, shared all of lifes extraordinary moments and lifes crucial moments together, we were inseparable, that bond between each other is special

Then the problem happened about a year ago, once I finished my grade 11 year at school, my dad was relocated to another place. (where i'm living now)

ripped my heart out, going from inseparable to maybe a week or so every 2 months, the high phone bills every month, him and I both finding someone new but it never lasting became hard but are now trying to make "us together " work again, Now being in grade 12, last year of school, wanting him to be my prom date, but being in differnet schools the dates are so close together or on the same day, the distance he would have to travel to get here, its something I want to share with someone special cause its something I will remember for the rest of my life, he has been there for everything else, why not this, its a new page to the extraordinary moments we've share together!

Just don't know what to do thats all???

Should I graduate with him, with everyone that I grow up with or stay here and find someone else to go with?

If you have any options love to hear them!

Slick

Hi Slick, I know exactly what you mean about long distance. Mine is REALLY long....a 5 hour plane ride cross country, about 2500-3000 miles total. He's in California and I'm on the other side of the country. I'm a little unclear about your situation though...are you wondering if you should go back and attend school where he goes to graduate from there, or simply go to the prom with him at your former school, or both? Have you talked with him about which prom you should go to? Is he willing to travel to attend your prom with you since you said that they fall on or almost on the same date or does he want you to go with him to his prom?

Its alittle of both, I want to attend my prom with my new friends, But I also want to attend his prom since I grow up with everyone there, just not sure what to do...........I know I can't have it all, its one thing i don't want to miss in those extraordinary moments, we've been together for everything, and this one is really important!

We've talked about it alot, but I get alittle upset to what I want, but I also want to make him happy too

Its all confusing

Help me!

Slick

If they're on the same day and you HAVE to choose just one prom, one way to look at it is to think about where you would want to make memories. Imagine yourself 5 years from now looking back...do you imagine yourself having gone to your old high school's senior prom with people you've known almost your whole life? Or sharing that experience with the new friends you've made in your new location? If they're not on the same day, talk with your guy and your parents about how important it would mean to you if you were able to go to both proms. I know it would be stressful, but when I was in high school, I changed schools and ended up going to both proms. Do you think that's a possibility? Do you know for sure whether or not the proms are on the same day? If not, how close together are the dates? You mentioned that you want to make him happy...what is it that he wants to do?

You make a really good point there!

Imagine yourself 5 years from now looking back...do you imagine yourself having gone to your old high school's senior prom with people you've known almost your whole life? Or sharing that experience with the new friends you've made in your new location?

We have always talked about the future and wanting each other to be in it, I'd rather have my memories were they mean the most to me at my old school, with people i've grown up with all of my life!

Then Graduation is another thing, either go back or graduate here!

Its all about what means more.....the thing that gets me the most is the school I attend now is where my grandma and mother started and graduated from, and i'm the 50th class too, i'm in the middle of it, wanting to go back there too or be part of the 3rd generation thing!

I don't like having to choose!

Slick

I'd rather have my memories were they mean the most to me at my old school

I think that you hit the nail on the head right here...you should focus on what matters most to YOU. This is your life and you only live once. I understand you want to carry on tradition and graduate where your mother and grandmother graduated, but you have to do what makes YOU happy. You're torn because you can't decide between what you WANT to do and what you feel you SHOULD do based on what your mother and grandmother did. But you need to decide based on what would make YOU happy and if your parents are okay with it, everyone can be happy. Based on what you just said, I don't think you'll have any regrets if you go back to your old school. Who knows...maybe you can start a new tradition with your own children