asking out a Slovakian girl...

Want to ask a Slovakian girl out. She's a friend of a friend.

This is my plan.

When I next see her, I'm going to surprise her by greeting her in Slovakian. This will make her think I'm kinda cute, then later on in the day having chatted a bit more, I'm going to ask her to go for a drink (again, in Slovakian).

What do you think? It's not completely fool proof as I can't for the life on me find how to ask someone out for a drink in Slovakian (any help on this also welcome)

Cheers

I think that's great... I'm sure it will make her laugh as your "accent" probably will not be correct. It's a great ice breaker and then you can talk from there. It will also be flattering to know you went through the trouble to do that.

ya the fact u try to learn her language is good... shows effort u can also try to learn some things on her country, where she is from or just ask her personally

i believe if u r an immgrant or the son or daughter of an immigrant u appreciate people's interest in your culture cauz it's part of u

Hi baldo,

I wish you the best luck in trying to ask out this Slovak girl.

To keep in mind: if you're not absolutely sure how to say something in Slovak, I think it's better not to, or else you might feel embarrassed. Keep in mind that the Slovak language is phonetic, and what you read is what you will say. So, if it's pronounced inaccurately (especially if added with accent), it would just sound funny.

I don't know about your background, obviously, but if you're a native speaker, try to lose the accent if you can, and pronounce the words clearly. Also try to master the rolled "r", as that's how the Slovaks pronounce it.....

(By the way: yep you've guessed it right: my nickname "zpivat" is the Slovak/Czech word for "to dance", he he

thanks for the advice guys.

And zpivat, that's great, I'll be sure to try that. By the way, do you know how I can ask her out in Slovakian?

Any simple-ish way of saying 'fancy coming for a drink/meeting up some time' without making a complete fool of myself.

Any help much appreciated.

Ta