"freezing up" around girl you like

What does it mean when they say a guy freezes up around the girl he likes...like literally turns into a statue? Have you ever frozen up around a girl you liked and how would you define this? How can i tell if he freezes up around me b/c he likes me and i make him nervous?

Do you like him? if so, try to make him smile and relax. Ask him for his number to take some of the presure off him. He is literally a "deer in the headlights" and terrified. Break that spell for him.Good Luck, he more than likes you.

like literally turns into a statue?

I hope you haven't quite that literally turned anyone into statue yet

oh well, you could test it by smiling at him and asking him something clever. If you get quick smart answer, he's at least not freezing around you. If you get something like "..." he's freezing. However, I would advice you to make a move on that guy, no matter what kind of answer you get. \\

eh, I can see the freezing thing happening. I used to know a girl who was so pretty my friend and I would stop talking to watch her go by. But it wasnt like if she approached I would still be in shock, she was just able to divert attention onto her, wiping the thought process blank for a bit as she passed, hence the "freezing up"

Ive never seen I guy actually freeze on the spot though, like during conversation or something, I always thought that was just hollywood exploiting nerds lol.

For me, when I 'freeze up' it is based on nerves for sure. In a conversation, my brain will completely go blank, the only thought that might be going through would be 'think of something to say', but nothing comes and an overwhelming feeling of stress and panic is all there is. I think 'freezing up' my body language probably stiffens and I would have trouble sincerely laughing at a joke or something funny, but I might chuckle nervously at anything I do manage to say.

It is a good way to have no chance at all with a girl you find attractive, but many of us just can't help it.

This happens to me: I become so self-conscious and scared that I'll say the wrong thing that I stop being myself and just kinda clam up. Instead of simply talking to the girl, I'm busy being a translator for what she is saying and then an editor for what I say in response. It's the difference between being my easygoing self (which is the case when I'm around just any old person) or being someone else altogether (when I'm around a rather nice lady friend).

Hope that helps!