In need of some help...

I'm in a bit of a pickle. Well you see, my friend and I both like the same guy. She's a really good friend, super cool and I would hate to lose her as a friend. The problem is that she tells me all the time how much she likes him and how great he is and has no idea that I'm interested in him. I honestly don't know what to do. I feel like if I acted on anything, I would come off as a horrible girl. I've never been in this type of situation. We're both in our early 20's, not in our teens anymore so the whole thing seems so stupid. I have no idea if he likes either one of us,haha So maybe I shouldn't be worrying.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Do you know anybody that is a mutual friend of you, your friend, and the guy you guys are both interested in. That way maybe the mutual friend can go and ascertain from the guy if he is interested in either of you. If he isnt, then you dont need to worry.

But, I wouldnt worry about things for now. Let things take its course and see what happens first instead of worrying.

i agree with Bethany that friendship is more important.

let's say for the moment that the guy likes you both. if the two of you can agree to compete for his attention without a problem arising between you, then there's no problem. if not, be the peacemaker and step back. it beats losing a good friend even if they end up together, and if they do, then it was meant to be anyway.