Finding out about ex boyfreinds...

My girlfriend and I have had a serious relationship for about 18 months now. When we first started dating I found out about a guys she was seeing on the side from a past relationship. It was tough, but she talked me into staying together and promised there would be no more of that. We never really had a real strong relationship after that, because I have always had it in the back of my mind that a tiger can't change it's stripes. Recently I was called away on business, and just found out that she is back with the same guy while I am out of town. I know I have to now leave this girl, but I found out about the guy in a very unorthodox way, almost invading her privacy because my curiosity was overwelming. The problem is I don't know how to break it off with this girl without revealing how I found out. I am also to angry to break it off like it was my fault, but her first question will definatly be, How did you know? any help?

Why not let her kno that u caught her? Make her feel even worse that she wasnt good enought to hide the fact that she was sheating on you. I mean dont try to make this fall back on you, and make it seem like it was ur fault. It was HER fault, and she should know that. Tell her u caught her...dont lie it will only make u feel worse later on. Tell the truth and it will come so much easier and make u deal with the breakup easier also. Good Luck.

Once a cheater always a cheater!

~Colleen~

If you're up front with her about it (have the proof nearby), you should know what you want before you confront her. There are very good chances that, if you confront her & she stays with you, she really will stay with you faithfully from here on. She has to internalize that you'd really leave this time though. A good friend of mine went through this exact same thing about 7 years ago... and things turned out well.

• 3 weeks later...

So basically you both did a no no - you invaded her privacy and she cheated. Two wrongs don't make a right...but I guess the ends justify the means.

I don't think you need to let her know how you found out. And I don't necessarily think you need to let her know why you need to leave. I guess what I'm saying is - be direct, just not 100% opened. "Hey, this isn't working for me anymore. I don't trust you. This could never work out between us."

Good luck.