....that even though I KNOW this is for the best. Even though I KNOW he lied to me so many times. Even though I KNOW that I deserve more than a half hearted relationship where I did all the work. Even though I KNOW he could never be grown up enough to ever have a real honest relationship.

Why is it that despite KNOWING all these things, I still hurt? I still miss him? I still wish we could be together??????

Because you love him.

Love isn't rational. Its impressive you have the strength to make that kind of decision against love. But its clearly the right decision for you. There is no law that says you must be with the person you love, you can love someone and they be totally wrong for you. Its a cruel twist of fate...

Hey icemotoboy!

I just realised you come from Wellington, NZ!!!!!!!! I have just moved away from Wellington!!!! I love that city, and wish things had been different so that I could stay. However, have taken a job which will probably be based in Auckland. Auckland is a HORRID city.

How long have you lived in Welly????

You will get over it and i agree with icemotoboy. I still have feelings for my ex despite the fact that he had chosen to totally walk over me and out of my life. You have to accept he is out of your life. It's not easy but it will get easier over time.....

Yeah, that damn time thing! I wish it would hurry up. I KNOW I will be okay. I know things will get better and that I will look back in a years time and not even remember how devastated I was. I just wish I could fast forward through this hurt, this pain, this feeling of total loss. I feel insecure, I feel rejected, I feel like I am not good enough. It has taken away all my self esteem.